Note to New Members ×

f2 Speedster RS WC 187

kieran

Did you ride that time in Finland? where?

I tought that prices of Burtons provided by Funster were pretty in line with other alpine stuff :eek:

Mostly in "the mountains of Serena" :-) I visited a few other small hills in the south, but Serena was my base.

I made a point of staying in the Korpilampi there, so I could ride at night after work. That's why I started boarding actually: I could ride the place blindfold backwards on skis or mono so I thought I should put my time there to use by learning to board.

Finland was very expensive at that time compared with the rest of Europe; it changed later. So gear there was pretty much out of reach for me. In the UK prices were (as they still are) higher than the mainland. At that time it was significantly cheaper to buy (say) Euro copies of the Burton Air than to buy the board itself. Stockmans sold those at crazy prices, although I'm not sure if anyone bought them.

Of course at that time it was also cheaper to fly down to the Alps and ride there, than to fly up to Finland's own resorts...

After having a few season's instructing up there I know hero snow is few and far between, so if you can handle it, a race board is effing suberb on the bullet proof ice, and you will be having fun when most people are cowering in the cafe's tucking in to a bridie.
we had about 15 mins of hero snow yesterday. place had been closed all week, they groomed on monday and it snowed overnight 3 days in a row.

then all the plebs came along and chewed it up, and i fell into the trap of not carving because i had no speed, and having no speed because i wasn't carving.

it's may. i shouldn't complain.

i guess i just need to learn to be a bit more subtle with inputs through the boots. being 6'6" i have a bit more leverage than most, and in softboots this is fine, but things happen so much quicker in hardboots.

carving in braehead? i'll take the f2 there sometime and see if it's a possibility. it's kinda narrow and um .. well, not exactly a good surface. cheers though. ;)

So i'm having fun on my 172cm '10 Silberpfeil, but want something longer, and while I'm quite interested in getting a board from one of the Colorado customs, the import taxes etc are a pain.

probably easier to take a holiday, pay in cash, and 'import' them on the return trip.

so, off i went to the F2 site for a brief look-see, and i happened across this.

except ... 187cm and a 26M sidecut radius? how much chutzpah do you need to get some wrinkle from its crinkle?

E-mail sent. I think you'll be surprised at how competitive shipping is.

E-mail sent. I think you'll be surprised at how competitive shipping is.
cheers, sean. we knocked a few ideas back and forth earlier in the year, and the development you've done sounds promising. i'll keep your stuff in mind.