Note to New Members ×

Mother of all boot dryers

skategoat

Originally posted by D-Sub

hey lonerider there are quite a few of those on ebay right now

ooh... I ok, I will do a search. Sweet... $30 + $5 shipping or $35 with free shipping... wow... there are a lot! I'm going to try out the drypacks first to since I already ordered them, but if I don't like them, I will switch to the the boot dryers (there are so many I don't think they are going to sell out anytime soon).

easier yet get you a squirrel cage fan, runs from an electric motor, & many of them can be found at auctions for $15 or less. Many have round outlets on them you can goto Home Depot & buy furnace duct 'plumbing' pcs & make a "U_" with a "T" & an elbow pc about 1.5" diameter. Plug it in & it blows massive amts of air & stuff dries in only a hr. or two. Add more outlets for more boots or gloves, etc. Total investment of maybe $35. No heat to harm fabrics, just lotsa room temp air. Way more power than a hairdryer. If it has too much air, just install a dimmer switch into the cord & turn down the power a bit. Voila'!