Note to New Members ×

BTS and HEAD SP

sxybst90

i remember this topic came out a little while ago, but i was wondering when you drill a hole to mount the BTS how stable is the plastic? cuz it seems to me that any kind of impact could crack the plastic pretty easily... anybody had any issues with this mod?:confused:

I've done several pairs of Head's with no (known) issues to date :).

The plastic is 'flexible' if anything, and varies with the different color of the boots believe it or not!

Be very careful, the drill bit WILL want to 'suck' into the material :eek:, you will have to 'hold it back' once the bit is started.

If you do a SEARCH on BTS HEAD MODIFICATIONS I think you will find everything you need to know :).

Also make sure you pay attention to the Bottom Mount Area, and clearance as needed, or you will get splits (cracks) there.

My personal boots (Stratos) are Transparent Grey, I've also done the (Stratos Pro) Orange and Black. I was surprised at the differences in sanding grinding and drilling the different colors. I'd have to look back (SEARCH) the arcives myself to recall which were harder to work with. No big deal though, if you're only doing one pair, you'll never know the difference :biggthump.

sxybst90," if you remember which one was the stiffest? cuz i wan't something stiff and do i have to cut some shell to make it more flexible with the BTS?"

Honestly, I do not remember, and it's all subjective to personal preference. At the top of page, click on Search, type in 'HSP', 'BTS', 'HEAD BTS' or similar, there was a ton of good information posted.

It will be more than worth your while :biggthump