Note to New Members ×

Follow up on the "eBay Teaser"

ZetaTre

So I'm the SOB who picked up this baby: http://cgi.ebay.com/Prior-WCRM-Snowboard-with-Catek-Bindings_W0QQitemZ260572475133QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSnowboarding?hash=item3cab546efd#ht_500wt_1182

I received it last night... :1luvu::1luvu::1luvu: Can you spell M-I-N-T?! :eplus2::eplus2:

I removed the bindings and lubricated all the bolts & hinges and gave it a fresh coat of wax. Edges where still perfect...

I've also started working on protective spacers: I picked up a sheet of Lexan from Home Depot and will pick up some cork gasketing material to add it between the Lexan and the board as a homemade suspension system.

I gotta check what NAPA/AutoZone carry, but some cork comes with rubber as a copolymer and have a shore A durometer of about 60-80, which is just about where the D3 is...

photo4.jpgphoto3.jpgphoto1.jpgphoto.jpg

I've also started working on protective spacers: I picked up a sheet of Lexan from Home Depot and will pick up some cork gasketing material to add it between the Lexan and the board as a homemade suspension system.

I gotta check what NAPA/AutoZone carry, but some cork comes with rubber as a copolymer and have a shore A durometer of about 60-80, which is just about where the D3 is...

You might also want to try here: http://www.mcmaster.com/#polyurethane/=6him4w

You might also want to try here: http://www.mcmaster.com/#polyurethane/=6him4w

Thanks for that!

Last night I've got the Lexan spacers done and they turned out quite well: I just used the utility knowfe to cut it and the Dremmel to shape it... I've also started playing with the cork and made a layer that goes between the Lexan and the board.

However I'm not sure I like it: the cork, of course compresses a bit causing the Lexan to bend. This makes the edges of the Lexan to flex and creates a gap.

I think tonight I'll revised that and profile it to the Catek's plates and have the cork just under the binding, between the binding and the Lexan.

Catek on their website says the D3 is a 70D under the center disk and a 40D under the angle plate.

On a side note: I would have bought the spacers & D3 from Catek no problem... If only they would have got back to my emails or calls... the f***k you guys: you're products are good, but it just looks like you don't want to sell them or something... Get your s***t together!!!! :angryfire:angryfire