Note to New Members ×

What BTS springs to use?

powdahbonz

I'm 208 pounds and love the yellow springs.

When I bought Indys, I rode them for a season and put them away. I hated them so much that I got back on my Le Mans.

Then I bought BTS (yellow) and now the Indys are a completely new boot. Just perfect.

STevo---sounds good, I will definitely take you up on that--McMaster Carr has the variety-I wanted to clarify which spring type the BTS spring was, if it was a closed and flattened end or rounded-not having used them.

To John's point, I saw him using yellows, I've seen people on blu'es-half n halfs-to each their own I says. I'll fiddle fphuck w/ them and find what works for me. It's only money. Any chance you could get them to Joe before he ships of the boots? Just toss them in a bag w/ some type of marking so I know what the spring rate is on the un-colored springs. Thanks for the help.

powda- here are the specs on the BTS springs:

Technical Data

Long (toe side) springs = 3" (7.62cm) long

Short (heel side) springs = 1.5" (3.9cm) long

Spring Rates: units = lbs/in (N/mm)

Yellow "Long" Spring = 96 (25)

Yellow "Short" Spring = 200 (56)

Blue "Long" Spring = 144 (60)

Blue "Short" Spring = 320 (129)

Red "Long" Spring = 340 (82)

Red "Short" Spring = 656 (177)

Here is the page in McMaster Carr: http://www.mcmaster.com/#catalog/116/1210/=6herz0

you want:

fits hole size: 3/4"

fits rod size: 3/8"

OAL: 3" and 1-1/2" tho you could change lengths slightly (shorter) to change stiffness instead of jumping to another color.

i have BTS red, BTS blue, bronze, and other springs coming out of my ass- email me and i will send out NC guy (work paid for them!)