Note to New Members ×

A question for Mainers

mirror70

Are you going to school in Farmington or just looking to ride all winter? If you are just riding then look for something between Kingfield and Stratton. I've known a few people who lived in Farmington and traveled to the loaf everyday for work..the commute was tiresome. There is a newspaper from Kingfield that may post rentals "The Irregular" but I'm not sure they are online.

The minimum commute from Farmington is 45 minutes each way, in good weather. Unless you need to be near "civilization", I'd look elsewhere. The general rule of thumb is that lodging rates decrease dramatically north of the resort, i.e. Stratton and Eustis. However you might luck out on a dumpy little A-frame seasonal rental along route 27 closer to the mountain. I take it CSM real estate was little help? Did you reach Beckman?

If it's 45minutes in good weather, then I bet that when it snows I'll do it in 25 :D :D

CSM didn't really have any appropriate rentals. They primarily had houses and condos for sale, and their rentals are for people looking to be there for a week or so.

I haven't reached Beckman yet. Do you have a number where I could reach him directly, or is my best bet to call the front desk and see if they can find him? Or am I likely to see him while I'm up there this weekend?