Note to New Members ×

Silberpfeil vs ?

muymal

Any Silberpfeil riders out there? I currently ride a 166 Speedcross (now Speedster GTS) and Coiler 171 EX. I'm selling the EX because it's a little stiff for me. The Speedcross is perfect in terms of flex but a little on the short side. If F2 made a 168 Speedster GTS I'd be dialed but no such luck.

Anyone know if the 168 Silberpfeil is stiffer than the Speedcross/GTS?

Anyone know about the new 'carbon' Silberpfeil and what are the advantages over the standard model?

TIA!

I'm almost sure that Speedcross became ElDiablo, which became Vantage in the latest titanal reincarnation... Spedster GTS is a different board.

I have ElDiablo 166 (love it as all-mountain and play board!) and had Silber 168, but rode the Silber 172 more. Silber 172 is much stiffer then ElDiablo. Silber 168 was softer then 172 but still a bit stiffer then ElDiablo, if I remember correctly.

Kinda funny that you want to compare 22.8 wide board with a 18.5 wide board... Completelly different ride. I like my narrower boards to be stiffer then my wider boards. With higher stance angles rebound is nice to propel you into the edge change. With wider board and lower stance, you can use your ankles more.

Thanks Blue. If you check out the new F2 site you'll see the "Speedster GTS". The 166cm has the same exact geometry as the '06 Speedcross that I have which is actually 20cm wide (only ~2cm difference from the Silber). It looks like the 168cm non-carbon Silber has roughly 1M more sidecut than the 166cm Speedster GTS. I'd be really interested to understand if the flex was the same between the 168 Silber and the 166 Speedster GTS. See the following links:

http://www.f2-snow.com/boards/speedster_gts.php

http://www.f2-snow.com/boards/silberpfeil.php