Note to New Members ×

Need Nidecker Info

Strider

I have a 174 Nidecker GS Race Extreme board. with a yellow topsheet and black rubber pads in an x pattern over the binding inserts. I have not been able to find any info on the year Nidecker made this, or the stats on width and sidecut. I have been comparing a couple boards to come up with some custom stats based on what I like about each board. If you know where I can get the numbers, or if you have them please let me know. Thanks.:p

regarding the numbers, get a measurment tape with civilized metric units, measure carefully the running length, waist, tail and tip width all in mm. With those numbers available, one can calculate the side cut radius, or post them here and we will calculate it for you.

i ride this board, and really like it

i also have the 183 (last year's) which i also

think is terrific

i had last year's 178, but found the stance was

way back, as in further back than any board i have

ever had, and i didn't like it. i'd be curious to

hear from anyone who has experience with this

board.

pc

Some history

'99/00 season begat the Tornado - 4.0 cm offset (setback) on the GS boards as I recall. '01/'02 changed name to Custom same dimensions essentially. Actually, the most recent year for the 178 is '01/'02 (not last year). Those had a 4.0 cm offset - the 183s in that year had a 4.5 - that's a lot! '02/'03 did away with 173 and 178 lengths and offered 170, 177 and 183, some change in board's outline (2.5 cm offset) This year ('04/'05) down to 2.0 cm offset. I've ridden most of the lengths of Nidecker's GS (and some SL) boards since 1999. Some offset is normal for GS (a little less for SL), this is to compensate for the shifting weight forward when you initiate a carve (gotta be centered over the middle of the sidecut), then your mass naturally shifts back as you advance and complete the turn. I know, seems wierd. My current most ridden is an'03/'04 183 - I mount my bindings in the middle inserts front and back (puts me at ~ 19.25" stance). The inserts are placed appropriate for the sidecut. You can still power the nose some (although I've come close to folding mine a couple of times on in the steeps) - they hold an edge nice and have some pop to 'em - they almost fly from edge to edge (I LOVE taper). A great board - enjoy!

Wow, that was WAY more than I intended to say. Sorry:(

I've got a Nidecker Extreme 178cm with the nifty rubberized pads (gray topsheet). This board is a flyweight deck. What's the core material? If it is wood I'm very impressed. I'd be more inclined to believe this is an aircore (foam).

BTW, I rode this board in 7.0 inches new at the end of last season and it was sick. Stable, quiet, and very agile.

Mark

Guest boogieman

Just send an email to nedecker with the serial number that is in the middle of your board on the left side and they will give you all the info you want on your board

Thanks for the info guys. I have ridden this for 3 years and like it, but have found that now I don't like the way it finishes turns. When I shift my weight back through the control phase to the end of the turn it seems to want to let loose and gives me that "folding" feeling you can get with a soft nose. I love the dampness and the feel of the board on turn initiation and am riding other boards to see how the flex patttern in the tail compares. I wanted the stats to compare the dimensions as well. Thansk again...Bomber readers al;ways come through :)