Note to New Members ×

FS: Salomon Malamutes - Size 9.5/27.5 Brand NEW!

nekdut

Where were you three weeks ago when I paid $200 for a pair?

You sure they are too small? I wear a 27.5 Head Stratos Pro. Shop tried to sell me size 10 Malamutes but I insisted on 9.5 (I wear a 10 D-E street shoe). First two days the heel cup was a bit snug, but now they're feeling great. Also, I think you can heat mold the liners - on a hot air stack, not in an oven.

Sorry I didn't post them sooner. I actually did have them just sitting around 3 weeks ago. :o

I am sure they are too small for me. My big toe is entirely bent and crunched when I try them on. I'm size 27.5mondo in SB hardboots and ski boots though.

I hate that boot sizes are so inconsistent too. I just picked up a pair of Burton Driver Xs in 9.5/27.5 and they fit just fine. I tried on a pair of Salomon F22s in size 10/28.0 and they still felt funny on my big toe. I suppose it may just be the shape of my foot.

Salomon's softboot sizing is definitely different. I tried some F22's before I bought my softies a few weeks ago. I'm a 26.5 in hard boots, and the F22's in that size weren't even close. The girl at the shop told me that they're notorious for running small, and she always recommends one full size up.

yeah can b a pain in the buttocks [gump accent]...after working in shops for years i can say this much. u can't have comfort and performance all in one! ever sit in a ferrari? there u go. :argue:

RULE #1: if boot is comfortable in the shop: IT'S TOO BIG! boot liner will crush and eventually migrate 2 ur liner [hard or soft boots].

RULE #2: lace/buckle up all way make sure heel is deep in pocket. at this point : UR TOES SHOULD BE LIGHTLY BRUSHING AGAINST TOE BOX LINER...NOT BOUND LIKE A CONCUBINE!

RULE #3: BEND UR KNEES AND FLEX FWD...UR TOES SHOULD NOT TOUCH LINER AT THIS POINT [DRIVING HEEL BACKWARD].

I WEAR A SIZE 11 STREET SHOE [29.0] AND USED TO CONSISTENTLY "RACE FIT" @ 27.5 FOR MANY YEARS. EVEN TODAY I AIM FOR A MORE "COMFY FIT" AT 28.0. HOPE THIS HELPS. SURE MANY OF U ALREADY KNOW...ESPECIALLY DEALING W/BLACK TOE AND SPENDING UR SUMMERS W/NO TOE NAILS IN UR FLIP-FLOPS :freak3:

Yup, I only posted this a day ago, and retronaut's email never made it over to me.

I'm not exactly sure of the year. I would have to say they are maybe 2 seasons old, but they just sat there unused for that entire time. I'll try to get a picture up tonight.

Mark,

I'm at the office right now, but I'll send over pictures later this evening. Paypal would work best.

One thing I do have to make note of regarding the boots is that I removed and subsequently misplaced the original insoles. You wouldn't want to use those things anyway, so I probably did you a favor. :)

• 2 weeks later...