Note to New Members ×

Looking For Entire Setup - NEED HELP

Captain Connor

Heres the deal. I've been skiing since I was 2, boarding for 6 years. What I enjoy most is carving and going fast, and ever since I learned what an Alpine board was, I've wanted one. All the research ive done on these forums and elsewhere proves that getting a setup is pretty technically envolved, and you really have to know what your doing.

I ride a burton Custom X, the stiffest snowboard I can find, with the stiffest boots and bindings available, and I constantly push it to its limits, and want to carve harder! I even went to Stratton today thinking I could demo a setup but they said I needed boots! ugh!

I am 6'0, 175lbs, shoe size 11.

I'm looking for a good setup, boots, board, bindings. I dont think I really want a "beginner" board, because I dont want to grow out of it too fast. I am an advancer snowboarder and I am willing to deal with a week of getting beat up on an advanced board, if its something im going to enjoy more when I get the hang of it.

Can anyone help?

Does anyone have a used setup for sale?

Captain Connor,

If you have been able to figure out what the stiffest soft boot rig is, you can figure out a hard boot set up.

Bindings are pretty straight forward and it is hard to go wrong with Bomber, Catek or F2.

Boards sounds like you want just about any GS or SL race board.

Boots ahh boots, these are the most personal. Consider that you can use softish ski boots and eBay has lots of deals on used boots, look for some with a strap near the ankle if possible.

If you accept that you rig will change over time it will take a lot of pressure off trying to peer into the future and get the "right" rig the first time out.

As always there are stores that would love to sell you new stuff depending on your budget.

Bomber

hardbooter

XYZ

In short, find some boots to start and accept that you will probably obtain a small quiver over time.