Note to New Members ×

Hunter mountain feb 26th

mykcuz

hi they mykcuz. i'm actually a newbie to snowboarding. i've been skiing for close to 20 years and only this year started snowboarding. east coast skiing has just become too boring and well...easy. so i decided to try a new challange. i've been out a few times, but unfortunately no where rents a hard boot setup which is what i want to do. do any of the guys you ride with have any junk setup for a 6ft 165lb size 9 boot? i would love to at least try it before plunking down $400-$600 on my own. ilan.

well if you are someone who is proud of your technique then you would love alpine boards. i was a long time skier and boarder (since 3rd grade) before i was introduced and carving a board is much more fun i find. look for used equipment on the classified section. the good stuff is still good in used condition. find a hardbooter to give you some pointers when you go out because it is a different feeling and for me felt different than what skiing and soft botting taught me to stand.

but no i dont have used equipment, but there is a looking for section of the classifieds where you can post that you want a cheap used setup to get started.