Note to New Members ×

Snow Valley 2/20

Loc

Don't knock Snow Valley. I learned my lesson.

I rode at Snow Valley on Feb. 4 and it was my best day of carving EVER in So Cal (outside of Mammoth/June)!!! The conditions were perfect for carving and the place was empty.

The Ladder is my new favorite run. Perfect steepness for EC, consistent pitch, wide, and perfectly groomed. The Ladder stayed firm and smooth all day because hardly anybody did the run.

The blue run that goes around The Ladder, is also really fun.

The Face and East Side in the back part of the mountain is also good. I got some good EC runs on those also, even though it was a little bit bumped up by the time I got there.

The only reason I did go to Snow Valley that day is because a friend of mine had some free lift tickets. I rationalized the trip by thinking if Snow Valley sucked, I'd continue to Snow Summit for a half day. Turned out to be an EPIC day.

There is not a whole lot of variety at Snow Valley, but the steep runs are great. The snowboard park was also in great condition.

Oh no! The secret's out:) The front face runs are awsome but short, Big and little bowls and The Ladder stay groomed because all the boarders keep to skiers right and go around them.

The blue run that goes around The Ladder, is also really fun
Lower Wine Rock and Mambo Alley are great blue runs for carving.

The main negative is the slow chairs. Maybe I should go there more often to get some rest, MH east just kills me with the high speed chair and long runs.:lol:

I have had some epic days at Snow Valley, epic nights also! Valley brings back memories as that is the first place I ever strapped skis or a snowboard to my feet. Another memory that is permanently etched in my head is when I tried to rail a hard toe side on Mambo in fresh powder. OOOOUUUCCCHHHH, never ever try to carve hard in powder!

Snow Valley was my first time on skis with my Dad.

Yes, I used to be a skier, when I was 4. :p

I realized that I was riding the mountain incorrectly, and switched to snowboarding.

Then I realized, once more, I was riding the mountain incorrectly, and switched to alpine. :biggthump

I've been interested in going there.. Free tix are all it would take.

My dad and I have been entertained on entire MH drives by the ads. Unfortunately, the humor goes downhill..

The FDA has shown that milk from cows treated with rBGH has no significant differences from milk from cows not treated with hormones...SNOW VALLEY!

I have had some epic days at Snow Valley, epic nights also! Valley brings back memories as that is the first place I ever strapped skis or a snowboard to my feet. Another memory that is permanently etched in my head is when I tried to rail a hard toe side on Mambo in fresh powder. OOOOUUUCCCHHHH, never ever try to carve hard in powder!

My first time doing that was in a tree run. Never...again :eek:

Yup I'm hitting up SV because I got a 50% off deal and all my buddies want to try it out. I'm hoping it's less crowded and the grooming is excellent. Maybe it will be my local June Mountain ;)