Note to New Members ×

Dalbello Krypton

jburrill

J, Last year 4 riders on the steamboat team had fractures or cracks of bones in their ankles while riding the boot, there whee about 10 people trying out the boot Last year I think only 2 are stil riding them.

Matt and mike could ride in sneakers and still do well , this is Morrisons first year in the boot, he used to double tounge and rivet his UPZ so he want and needs more boot he has podiumed WC events. All of the riders in the boot last year made changes in the flex vis cutting or getting soft womens, tounges etc.

Anton always has and probably always well ride the flexon, he is still in the vintage boot.

The tounge boot has a better flex pattern for snowboarding then a overlap boot for sure but its still a ski boot. as always look to the what the majority of the WC riders are rocking as a clue to what works fopr them it may or may not work for you. Fawcett has always rocke a modified skiboot and as the alpine coach I am sure he has no worries about his boys in a ski boot, but as I said I know they are modified.

I agree there is a huge void in the boot market right now, but heck even Jasey is rocking Deeluxe boots, I cant even make a pair work for me but he seems to do OK with them;). Diferent strokes for different folks.

J, Last year 4 riders on the steamboat team had fractures or cracks of bones in their ankles while riding the boot

What the heck is causing the fractures?

I managed to log 2000+ parachute jumps without a broken bone but in the last four years I've incurred two broken ribs while pacesetting, broken hand ("unplanned" dismount from one of my unicycles), broken foot at last year's nationals, and a cracked knee two weeks ago (pacesetting again). The doc has me taking Vitamin D but I have consider the fact that my bones aren't as strong as they once were. The fractures you mention have me concerned.