Note to New Members ×

jumps

Guest boogieman

Originally posted by lonerider

Well, ok... if you can code at 30+ words a minutes with two fingers :D but I'm borderline ADD and I remember people sitting there trying to figure out how to use vi and I was just sitting growing old.

Anyone coding at 30+ WPM is NOT thinking about what they are coding . . . They just don't have TIME to think about it . . .

:p

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Stan

Anyone coding at 30+ WPM is NOT thinking about what they are coding . . . They just don't have TIME to think about it . . .

:p

That's only one keyword/identifier every two seconds. I'm not referring to sustained total wpm, I mean... when you are typing something in (like a condition or loop construct) that burst should be relatively fast... and also for most larger projects you *should* have designed you entire algorithm/system out before you even touch the keyboard... so the rest is a matter of just typing it out... starting to type code before you've completely thought out your program is just asking for trouble.

I like to do 180's on my old asy Hot Blast over smaller big jumps (~15ft). Bigger ones I just hit and do some grabbing.

I do have to say that I didn't clear a table two days ago - just a few feet were left because lack of speed - and I landed very hard on an icy table. Although I bent down when landing I felt something in my knee, but until now everything is still fine. So I was lucky - be careful! First try some straight airs to get used to the kicker before trying anything crazy. If you clear a good shaped jump you will hardly feel anything when you come down! If anything goes wrong - try to relax when crashing. Until now I didn't have any major injuries because of jumping with hardboots.

Erwin

quote:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by thomas_m

Thank Nate! I just registered. Once the hill opens, I'll give you a yell.

We're probably headed down to Timberlne this weekend, just can't wait any longer...

T.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by AlpentalRider

I'll be riding Alpental tuesdays, thursday nights, and hopefully sundays as well with my buddies. So if you guys wanna hook up let me know, I live just 20 min away from the mountain hehe.

We definitely should all get together. Nate if you haven't gotten your pass yet you should have it soon (I printed it. :) ) I'm at West on the weekends although I bounce back and forth between all 4. Fridays will be split between Alpental and Central Park (improved half pipe w/snowmaking and lights) dependent on snow conditions. Hopefully we will get more snow soon but until then there's the Snow Expo next weekend and then a trip to Hood with the Donek Jr. Team thanksgiving weekend.

________

Nexium Settlement Information

It might have been mentioned before, but I just recently watched Todd Richards' Trick Tips, Vol. 1: Snowboarding - Park and Pipe Basics and Todd Richards' Trick Tips, Vol. 2: Snowboarding - Park and Pipe, The Next Level and I have to say that both of them are *excellent* instructional videos. Normally I am very skeptical of instructional videos, but these videos teach exactly the same things I tell people I'm teaching. None of the knowledge is "revolutionary" but it is usually gained over several years from listening to veteran freestylers and through painful self-experience, and so it is very nice to have it all consolidated in a single place.

For most people here I would recommend the first video with cover etiquette, safety, basic jumps, basic rails and a couple of grabs, and dropping into the pipe, riding the pipe walls (I really wish they just sold this with every snowboard purchase... it would make my life in the park/pipe much easier).

The second video is covers spins in the park and pipe nicely... 180s, 360s, and 540s (stuff an intermediate freestyler could actually learn) and their pipe equivalents (front 360s, alley-oops, air to fakie).

I'm really happy with my purchases and I'm definitely going to be showing it to help "prep" the people I teach.

Originally posted by boogieman

does anyone jump with their alpine board

i tried once and i ripped out my rear binding and almoast broke my knee, since that day i never tried it again

Hello I'm Uldis I also try to jump with

hard board.

I didn't broke any binding. It's cool.

post-1292-141842199039_thumb.jpg