Note to New Members ×

Snow Summit on Thurs, 1-28-2010

gdboytyler

I can't find the parts to install my Spyder Spike chains on my car! Of course I didn't start looking until this evening.

So I won't be able to make it up on Thurs. Damn, I'm such an idiot. If I would have looked a week ago and found the parts missing, I could have ordered some replacements.

Now I'm screwed and staying home.

I can't find the parts to install my Spyder Spike chains on my car! Of course I didn't start looking until this evening.

So I won't be able to make it up on Thurs. Damn, I'm such an idiot. If I would have looked a week ago and found the parts missing, I could have ordered some replacements.

Now I'm screwed and staying home.

Hoped you checked the road conditions this morning - All roads are open without chains required.

Big thanks to TerryW whom I met at Snow Summit today. He took the time to pass on some valuable tips for this beginning carver over the course of several runs. I need to work on:

1) Toe side: touch rear boot cuff with heel side hand

2) Heel side: touch front boot cuff with toe side hand

3) Complete the carve uphill to bleed speed

4) Look where I'm going (not down the fall line): esp over the shoulder on heel side

5) GET LOW

The last one is not so easy for my stiff frame!

It's one thing to read about it in BOL, but quite another to see it on the slope. Thanks for taking the time to pass it on. :biggthump