Note to New Members ×

JPMCS 2010 - February 7th

Arclite

Wow, you rode with Tim. I always wanted to ride with him. I have met him on a few occasions at his shop in the desert. Used to buy his NOS carving boards from him. At one time he used to sell Trenchdigger bindings.

Did Robert from SandyEggo make it up that day??

Yeah, we rode together for a few runs. He was the first plate rider I ever saw.

We talked shop for a while, he's gonna try to carry some crossover carvers, hopefully Donek.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luca thanks for the ride and hospitality!

Not a problem

btw saw the video and your wife looks really good on that proton, so has she converted from skidding to carving?

She said she likes it, but she said the Proton felt a little too long for her. So today I picked up this Factory Prime which is 146: it's 10cm shorter than the Proton. It's brand new and the girl won it in a competition, but never used it.

IMG00053.jpg

I also found a pair of boots in the classified section that are her size (23 mondo) and I'm waiting for the seller to get back to me.

That way she can give a try with the real gears and see what she thinks... But she likes it, although I'm not sure I do: she siad she was getting lots of attention by the guys asking her "Why are snowboarding with ski boots?" :angryfire :angryfire... One thing is when girls ask ME that, but guys asking her that might expose the Italian inside... LOL!!!

It was nice to meet you Luka and Mary. Great 1st time riding on a carving board in the video Mary!

That Brand new 146 was a great find. You guys should come up to

Mountain High east with us this Saturday and try it out. There is a green run at the top that is great to practice on.

Well that was my first powder day, where I was actually prepared, and brought the right set up!

Softies + Flow bindings + Oxygen Element 163 + Fresh Pow + Trees = EPIC

:biggthump

thanks for the "tour" of the mountain's secret areas.

at the bottom of chair 10, the mountain turned against me, and decided it wanted to eat my leg.

It took me a good... oh I don't know... 15 minutes?

to get free? :AR15firin

Mike, want to validate that time estimate? ;)

It took me a good... oh I don't know... 15 minutes?

to get free? :AR15firin

Mike, want to validate that time estimate? ;)

Sounds about right

Good thing it was right under the lift so everyone could see you struggle:eplus2: (their comments also let me know you were ok!)

It's amazing how that light fluffy stuff can drain your energy when you get stuck.

I really had a blast riding with you:biggthump

Today was pretty nice as well. Approx 1' of new powder and not a lot of people. Took my neighbour out for his first time in the trees. Next I'll convince him to set high boot angles and try carving.

Was it right next to a tree? Did you get swallowed by a tree well?

Those things can be dangerous if you go in head first.

Which is what happened to me up at June Mtn during my avalanche class this pass weekend. Of course, on the ONE day I didn't wear my helmet I slam into the tree well. You can sorta see me going down head first. Having taken martial arts before I'm use to tucking my chin in a fall so I tucked as hard as I could and my shoulder and backpack took the brunt of the force. My buddies saw the whole thing and rushed to help me out. Got lucky on this one! be careful people

loctree.gif