Note to New Members ×

JPMCS 2010 - February 7th

Arclite

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's great!!!!! :biggthump:biggthump

Btw, we're gonna take the sedan tomorrow so if there's any single party from San Diego we can meet up at the Mobil gas station off the I-15 & US-76 and drive up in one car...

Hey I am driving alone unfortunately, at what time are thinking of meeting up? Also my cell # is 619 829 1428..

Hey I am driving alone unfortunately, at what time are thinking of meeting up? Also my cell # is 619 829 1428..

Called and left a msg... My cell is 760-576-4073... You can either come over at my house or meet up at the Mobile @ 15 and 76... I'm probably leaving home 4AM sharp... If anyone else from SD wanna drive up together gimme a call: I'm expecting to be at the Mobil gas station arounf 4:30...

guys, as much as I don't like too it appears that I am a no show for tomorrow. Getting over a cold that I caught in CO and breathing in cold mtn air might not be the best thing for it. I might sound like swissracer if I go boarding tomorrow, cough cough.:)

Have fun and hope to see you soon.

I will also be a no-show. No chains, so I'll be watching the Super Bowl instead.

What, you still haven't ordered parts yet?

Oh well, I think our list has been cut by 4 people. Eh, I missed last year's gathering. In any case, i'm going up to go boarding. I'll see whoever is up there.

Aaron, I'm gonna try out your raceplates completely flat, no 7* wedge for the rear. If it works out, I may have to work out some deal with you.

To everyone who made it up there, it was good seeing and riding with you. Hopefully we can have another unofficial gathering again this season.

It wasn't a carving day, but it was fun anyway. Lots of powder to go around, and once that got chopped up, well, it gave me a good surface to test out Bruce' board. Excellent, probably the board that i've felt the most comfortable on in hardboots with those conditions.

Oh yeah, and Theo, I know you probably went to Baldy, but USASA was up and they held the races.

Sure wish I could have hung out with you guys yesterday. But at least I was able to get first tracks in a lot of places doing hill setup :eplus2:. Snow was really fun in the morning before it got tracked up! Sure beat the hell out of the snow on Saturday. That was just a heavy mess. California concrete. Getting close to finishing this training, then I will be able to hang with my bros. :D

bar anymore rain, there should be no excuse, Erwin. Conditions are awesome. Although, I know, surfer first, and snowboarder second, so if the surf is nice...

As for Terry, I actually saw you once from the lift early early morning, like right when they open. I think a whole bunch of you were taking the cat-track over to 7 and 10.

Luca, it was nice meeting you. Get a shorter/softer board and try to control the speed a bit more. I used to do what you were doing - it caught up with me eventually. Be careful out there, these setups definitely are not as forgiving.

i think next gathering will be on sunday the 21st

i'm sure there will be a new thread about it

maybe Terry won't be patrolling and Erwin will show up

My training runs every other weekend. So I will be training on the 21st again! I feel so lonely. You guys need to switch weekends, so I can line up with you. ;)

Luca, it was nice meeting you. Get a shorter/softer board and try to control the speed a bit more. I used to do what you were doing - it caught up with me eventually. Be careful out there, these setups definitely are not as forgiving.

I'm keeping both the Proton and the Factory Prime for now. The FP is complete madness, but had a lot of fun on it... I would like to try it some more on nicely groomed snow. I'm also still working on getting my boots to fit perfectly so I don't get tired and sore so quickly...

Oh yeah, and Theo, I know you probably went to Baldy, but USASA was up and they held the races.

Woke up way too late..Went to MH instead!

We had an MHES! Me, Powder and Sun Tim, Wolfman, and mystery carver! (okay, I'll admit I never caught the mystery carver)

Snow was soft and carvable all over! (except for where there was blood and bodies!)

I'm keeping both the Proton and the Factory Prime for now. The FP is complete madness, but had a lot of fun on it... I would like to try it some more on nicely groomed snow...

Yeah, you were booking it crazy fast on that FP. You'll definitely like things more on some nice groom for both boards, especially that FP.

The next 2 weeks should be good if we don't get anymore rain/snow.

Yeah, you were booking it crazy fast on that FP. You'll definitely like things more on some nice groom for both boards, especially that FP.

The next 2 weeks should be good if we don't get anymore rain/snow.

Found this one on eBay: http://cgi.ebay.com/BURTON-FACTORY-PRIME-CARVING-RACE-ALPINE-SNOWBOARD_W0QQitemZ110492121732QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSnowboarding?hash=item19b9d7fa84#ht_500wt_1182

:AR15firin :AR15firin :AR15firin

I'm soring everywhere today, but it was lots of fun!!! Even Mary enjoyed her first day carving...

See you all next time!!!

Wish I could have seen you and your wife tearing it up. I'm just now getting to the point where I don't completely suffer after a day of carving.

I actually feel a little guilty for not spending more time on hard boots with you guys, but it's not often I get to do some pow in the trees (don't like to do it by myself for safetey reasons). So when Arclite offered, I was more than happy to bounce off some trees. I'm still cleaning bark from my bindings:biggthump Good thing I was on all that cold medicine, it dulled the senses (balance included)

We had an MHES! Me, Powder and Sun Tim, Wolfman, and mystery carver! (okay, I'll admit I never caught the mystery carver)

Wow, you rode with Tim. I always wanted to ride with him. I have met him on a few occasions at his shop in the desert. Used to buy his NOS carving boards from him. At one time he used to sell Trenchdigger bindings.

Did Robert from SandyEggo make it up that day??

Mike - not a problem at all. I'm sure we'll see more of you up there this season since you're a local. Yeah, riding trees solo is a disaster waiting to happen, i've got no guts or balls to do that stuff at all anymore, even when riding with people.

Terry - I might be up this weekend, not sure yet.

Aaron - Yeah, Robert made it up. We rode with him (or at least I did) till about 12. Then his bindings crapped out on him and kept releasing on toe-sides.

Here's a short video of Mary: not bad for the first time hardbooting

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw_B0Cb6pU0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jw_B0Cb6pU0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>