Note to New Members ×

need cheap equipment for my girl

D-Sub

Originally posted by Dan

I have one of those Nidecker Next Steps that were on eBay last year. (I think it's a 161 or thereabouts; kind of a soft, entry-level freecarving board.) I paid $50+ shipping and rode it about 2x - way too soft for me. I guess I'd want $35 for it. The top is near mint (has binding marks), the base has one biggish scratch that doesn't go through to the core.

If you're in the LA area, I have a friend that's driving down there next week and might be willing to do a delivery run/meet up with you.

Interested?

Dan...Id love to check it out, but Im actually leaving tomorrow to go up to Bend to look around. Be back on the 7th...

thinkin a 161 might be just a bit long to start...not sure tho

Originally posted by carvedog

Just a thought. I teach quite few conversions every year to hard boots from soft. (Working for Sun Valley Ski School on Baldy - Carve central for the Northwest). Usually what I do is have the first timer in hard boots mounted on to a board that they like and have ridden and keep the stance angles moderate. Around 40 to 50 (max) degrees. I prefer 45.

This gives them confidence in the board and that there are not too many things changing at once. Once they get used to hard boots and learn to build the angles that create more edge angle on the board then I start moving them to stiffer, more carve oriented boards.

Just something that works for me and my clients seem to like it too.

Best,

jerry

thanks much for the input, Jerry! thats probably a darn good idea!