Note to New Members ×

Found a local Gem

photodad2001

I usually don't go out on Sunday, but I had Monday free and holiday pricing at the local hill is obscene (MLK day), so I went to the local watering spot and discovered on Sunday they have insane beer specials. The dollar domestic drafts (20 oz.) was pleasant enough, but the 2 dollar premium drafts (also 20 oz.) left me speachless. (Or at least slurring a little) I say this cause of the selection they have. Besides the standard Guiness, Sam Adams, Blue Moon, New Castle, etc. they have Dogfish Head 90 minute, Arrogant Bastard, Leinenkugels Classic Amber, and some of the Great Lakes brews like their Oktoberfest and Nosferateu, all on tap. I know there were probably about 3 or 4 more I can't remember. They had one that was a blonde and had a surfboard for the tap handle, and they even get more in over the summer. I might have to change my work schedule around so I have Sundays free every week.:biggthump

They wouldn't happen to have Keewenaw Brewing Company (KBC) Pickaxe Blonde Ale down that far, would they? KBC is in Houghton, MI (way up there) and they've been pushing the Pickaxe Blonde and the Redjacket farther and farther south. The blonde is just... Sublime...

They wouldn't happen to have Keewenaw Brewing Company (KBC) Pickaxe Blonde Ale down that far, would they? KBC is in Houghton, MI (way up there) and they've been pushing the Pickaxe Blonde and the Redjacket farther and farther south. The blonde is just... Sublime...

KBC is still only available in WI and MI at the moment :(:angryfire:smashfrea

They are in Metro Detroit Milwaukee though, so there is promise :p

Seriously, if anyone has a chance to try their beer, do it... They are some very savvy brewers...