Note to New Members ×

TR: Wolf Ridge Ski Resort 1-10-10

Mellow Yellow

There aren't enough Trip reports on Bomber, so here is a TR from this past Sunday that I posted in a local NC ski forum....

---------

So based on advice by a friend I went to Wolf on Sunday. What did he say you ask? He said simply... "Wolf Ridge 100% open - this may not happen for another 10 years... Should be damn near impossible for it to be icy, and the terrain is awesome, not to mention $10 cheaper than Sugar..."

10-10-10... kept coming up.... it was a sign of things to come...

I'm glad I listened to his sage advice....

Pic waiting for first chair... looking up Broadway

P1100003.jpg

Whistling Dixie

P1100006.jpg

Upper Streak

P1100008.jpg

The Bowl...

wolf.jpg

Lift shot looking at the top of wolf ridge/viewfinder

P1100005.jpg

THE TUNNEL :eek::eek::eek: :rolleyes:

P1100014.jpg

Looking up boardwalk and drop in... off the beaten path was a reward of 10-12 of fresh.... at noon!

P1100017.jpg

Some parking lot foolishness.... all I can say is it involved a few numb nuts parking on a grade... I expected to see Florida plates... not Colorado...

P1100022.jpg

P1100024.jpg

When I left at around 1, my watch said we did 10 +/- vert.... good for NC!

The end.....

So I find they've renamed Wolf Laurel, which I'd never visited, as Wolf Ridge.

Looks like a fun place for an old freecarver!!

Still want my 13-year-old to see a "real" hardbooter in some laid-out arcs. Hoping he'll make the transition to carving from the dark (softboot) side.

Will watch the weather and Ride Board; see if David and I can catch up with you soon. Maybe at App??

Thanks for the review!!

BB

Yep, renamed it! I was really impressed with the place, a lot of varied terrain and the difficulty designations were probably the "most" accurate I've seen in NC. Not the most carve friendly though.... everything but the greens were not really wide enough to carve... Beech is still the best "carvers" hill in NC... App though has the best snow and grooming... just gets boring...

I may hit Beech or App tomorrow.... this weekend is MLK... usually a crapshow crowd wise.... I will post on the ride board when and where I'm heading... BTW... Beech has been really good this year