Note to New Members ×

Brian Head, UT

lamby

My wife and I took a little trip from Idaho to S. Calif. recently. We divided our drive up with a stop at Brian Head Ski Resort near Parawon, UT. Prior to our trip we had asked if anyone from the BOL community had ridden their, and what their impressions were of the place. Everyone's input was really helpful (thanks!). It helped us decide to give the place a go, and we are glad we did. The place lacks for vert (about 1000') and steeps, but is still fun. It is a large area so lots of parts of the mountain to explore. The lifts can be long and all of them are slow, so it takes some time to get from one side of the place to the other. We had fun hunting up the steepest groomed runs - it hadn't snowed in a while - they had about a 40 inch base during our visit.

The terrain is very mello - a great place for a beginner or low interm. carver I think. For the rest - a nice place to visit, especially if you are looking to break up a long drive.

Here is a little footage from our trip: