Note to New Members ×

?'s about BTS springs

newcarver

Just got a set of used BTS and installed them on my AF700's. I see the pictures on the Bomber store site with yellow springs (same as mine) have a lot more space between the coils than mine do. One of the photos looks like the top spring has a lot of pre-load based on where the nut is on the threaded shaft. I have both top and bottom set with a minimal amount of pre-load. Was wondering if they made different springs of same color (coil spacing)? Or do I have something set up wrong? Or is it posible that the springs lose hight after they have been used a while? I know this can happen with racecar coil overs. They lose some hight and the spring colapses some. Also, causes the spring rate to increase when this happens. Just want to make sure I have everything set up OK. TIA

Here is a comparison pic. Notice how the top adjuster is screwed down on the shaft a lot more than mine and the coils still have a lot more space between them. Coils look thinner too. Was worried that I might not get the travel that I need with the way mine are set up.

post-5799-141842296831_thumb.jpeg