Note to New Members ×

NEED YOUR HELP! Thesis Research...

Jessimoe30

My name is Jessica Horton and I am currently a Masters student at the University of Tennessee in the field of Sport Psychology. Through my program, I am focusing mainly on the injury rehabilitation side of Sport Psychology and helping athletes to come back from injury not only physically, but mentally too. I am beginning to work on my thesis which is focusing on the relationship between anxiety and fear of injury among risk taking sports, specifically snowboarders and skiiers.

The reason I am writing you is because I need some help with my thesis data collection. As you probably know, there are not an abundance of semi-professional or even professional snowboarders and skiiers in East Tennessee! As I'd like to make this study as publishable as possible and have strong implications for snowboarders, I want to get the best athletes possible. My thesis just requires my participants to take a short survey that won't take much time at all. If there is any way you can help me get in touch with some semi-professional, professional, or even retired snowboarders, or even steer me in the right direction, I'd greatly appreciate it!

I look forward to hearing from you!:)

If you could just reply to this thread or e-mail me at jhorto17@utk.edu, I'd greatly appreciate it!

Yeah, I did post this about 3 weeks ago but I am still in need of more participants for my study so I wanted to post it again.

Please help me out with this study by taking my survey. It doesn't take long and the results could have some great implications for sport psychology and the world of skiing and snowboarding.

Here is the link: http://survey.utk.edu/mrIWeb/mrIWeb.dll?I.Project=SPORTINJURYANXIE

I'm very grateful for anyone who takes the time to fill this out.

Jess

Define more clearly what type of rider qualifications you want. There has been some extended discussion about what qualifies as a pro, semi pro, weekend hack etc. I am afraid I can speak about serious injury, however, I have never been anything close to a pro. Although I have got a few miles. :freak3: