Note to New Members ×

New to carving, ? about Emery binders

en93nsx

Hi guys and gals,

I'm new to the forum. I have lurked somewhat in the past and decided to get into the carving aspect of the sport. I have ridden for the past 16 years with softboots and various board styles and have always loved softboot carving. I joined the ski patrol at my local hill, Andes Tower Hills, three years ago and have only really skied the past 3 seasons. I'm looking forward to getting back onto the board.

My Dad and brother are both hardbooters and have been for the last 15 years. At one point I picked up a Burton 168 asym and used it for a couple days, but only with ski boots. It was frustrating!

I picked up a set of Emery Course bindings on eBay. Does anyone have experience with these (pros, cons,etc.) Once I get some boots I plan on mounting them on my Freeride board ( a late 90's Avalanche 164 Sanders) that is a great softboot carver. When I get the hang of the hardboots then I'll upgrade to a better board/binding combo.

Thanks for any input!

Erick