Note to New Members ×

Too soon to start a list for January 3rd? Nope!

AaronG

Looking forward to meeting and riding with all of you guys. (any girl carvers in So Cal? :rolleyes: )

I will be there with the 4 demo Sidecarve boards as well as some monoboards if anyone wants to try them.

I won't have the lunch set up like we did on the 20th, but I will bring helmet cams to post a TR afterward.

Also, I can only stay until noon this time, so I will be there really early in the parking lot to set up boards if needed.

Looking forward to meeting and riding with all of you guys. (any girl carvers in So Cal? :rolleyes: )

This is definitely one of the problems with carving, too much testosterone out there on the slopes.

That's why I dabble in skiing also, the male/female ratio becomes more balanced!

I've met 3 girl alpine riders. One was on at Summit on a 4wd with plate bindings, another rides at Summit a few times a year midweek(airline employee from Tahitii!) and I just met one at MH and she may show up at the next big Sunday at Summit we have(25th?).

I agree about Mountain high east. Man, they put all those features down the left side where the best lines are! Now I sometimes find myself in the air on my backside turns! I stuck to the Sundance last time for the best carving,

especially the bottom.

Come on Theo, Sunday will be fun, plus you can demo a Coda board!

Summit FTW!!!

Jumps while on your carving board FTL :mad:

Anyway, Chad, I'll definitely be trying out your monoboards. It's been 13-14 years since i've been skiing, so I think I can safely say that I won't know how to ski anymore and that it'll be an interesting ride - hoping it's like riding a bike (which I also completely suck at btw)...

Hey guys, quick question/favor.

OldVolvosRule was gracious enough to let me borrow one of his carving board setups to try tomorrow (HUGE THANKS BTW:biggthump), unfortunately the boots are just too small.

Since there is a large group coming up tomorrow, I was hoping somebody might have something in a 28.5-29 that I may borrow so I can try true carving.

See you all tomorrow!

Yeah, sorry, I already sold my boots to my buddy who is going to be up there tomorrow too... I think Andrea (carving chef) might have something, but that's a big might. Hopefully, someone sees this and has some for you. Surprisingly though, smaller boots are less of a problem than big boots when getting them professionally fitted since you can get them punched out.

Aaron, tried giving you a call, but it might have been too late (sorry if it was), but could you possibly bring up poles and some of those Burton race plates if it's not too much trouble. If not don't worry about it. Thanks. I was also wondering if you wanted a ride up (I'll turn on 4wd this time, i promise :o:D)...

I'm out for tomorrow!

Due to a less than cooperative fuel bladder that I am installing into an airplane I will be absent from Sunday's get together. Sorry I am missing this but fathers needing assistance with said bladder takes priority. Have fun, be safe.

See everyone next time!

Since there is a large group coming up tomorrow, I was hoping somebody might have something in a 28.5-29 that I may borrow so I can try true carving.

See you all tomorrow!

If needed ski boots will also work. Just make sure you get some intermediate type boots rather than a stiff advanced skier boot. You want some forward flex in a carving boot.

You might try posting a want to buy ad in the the classifieds section. I am sure there are some boots sitting in someones garage.

I'll probably end up doing just that, or possibly see if someone wants to trade some cycling stuff for gear. Something will come together soon!

Thanks again, too bad you won't be there tomorrow. I'm sure you'll have more fun installing that fuel bladder than we will.....

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvlVL500PmY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvlVL500PmY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>