Note to New Members ×

Step-ins that fits to regular boots? (my Scarpa XT's)

Guest Kiter

I want step in bindings that let me use my Scarpa boots,

I have heard of Rat-trap style bindings, Is that the name for every step in binding that don't demand a special boot interface to fit?

Who makes them?

I have the Intec system but I wan't to use my Scarpa boots because I need to be able to change from board to skiis fast and easy when I'm at work in Skipatrol

hat brands make them?

/Gunnar

I'm not the one who know the most about step-ins, but there is the Performance Step-In on klugriding.com. It bas an aluminium base plate underneath the plastic, and it works with ski boots. I use regular Performance plate on my board and I am satisfied with them.

Derf

No. Rat-traps are one of several types of step-in bindings. In the toe there is usual bale and heel is very complicated. Almost every boot should fit. I've seen such a binding only once on a very ancient board and I didn't like it, because it looked unreliable for me. I would prefer using regular bindings, that those rat-traps that I've seen. However, You can find something better.

I don't think my Scarpa XT's and other rubbersole AT boots will fit in the step-in bindings on klugriding.com,

The metal part in the back with 2 wings that sticks up on the side of the boot look's to narrow for soles wider then DIN boot's,

Anyone know if there is any other step-in that would fit to AT boots?

/Gunnar

Pleese! Isn't there any step-in gurus outa ther that can confirme wether there are or not Step-in bindings that fits to boot soles wider then DIN like Scarpa boots???

///Gunnar