Note to New Members ×

Mh Usasa Events

KingCrimson

I was there last Friday night for a few hours. I can't seem to get away much

or else I would have gone up more. When are you guys going, at night?

It's looking better up there, I predict east will open next week.:1luvu:

I may go up this Friday night around 5pm but this weekend I'm booked.

Are you going up Saturday?

Friday is doubtful, but I'd like to go. I just went up yesterday with my brother and nephew, and we'll be up Saturday with the whole clan in tow. I'm planning on racing SL only, very disappointed they aren't running a GS.

Been hating life on the little Burton..It feels disconcertingly unstable to me now.

George has seen my (almost) lightning fast crossunders, can't do them on the little board. Can't find an explanation.

I'm very happy with the resort this year, the diligent snowmaking has really been of great benefit. Now if only those jumps weren't so damn appealing! :D

Friday is doubtful, but I'd like to go. I just went up yesterday with my brother and nephew, and we'll be up Saturday with the whole clan in tow. I'm planning on racing SL only, very disappointed they aren't running a GS.

Been hating life on the little Burton..It feels disconcertingly unstable to me now.

George has seen my (almost) lightning fast crossunders, can't do them on the little board. Can't find an explanation.

I'm very happy with the resort this year, the diligent snowmaking has really been of great benefit. Now if only those jumps weren't so damn appealing! :D

I think all that crap on the mountain makes it too congested. I am fine with "terrain" features but how many rails can you cram in. it forces everyone to stop and skid. Its a freakin' hazard:AR15firin:flamethro

I know Mountain High is played up as a big park (heck, I do it too! :p) but the split between naked trails and park trails is about 80/20. There's a suprising number of adept parkies and generally traffic around features flows quite nicely. The only congestive obstacles are wetbutts stopping in the middle of the trail, which is a major issue at all the places I've been to with the exception of Steamboat.

And at the end of the day, you couldn't ever find a better spot for a diehard jibber to be than stuck in a mess of wetbutts and jibs. Keeps the lines down! :biggthump

Badass pic in your profile by the way!

Theo

I know Mountain High is played up as a big park (heck, I do it too! :p) but the split between naked trails and park trails is about 80/20. There's a suprising number of adept parkies and generally traffic around features flows quite nicely. The only congestive obstacles are wetbutts stopping in the middle of the trail, which is a major issue at all the places I've been to with the exception of Steamboat.

And at the end of the day, you couldn't ever find a better spot for a diehard jibber to be than stuck in a mess of wetbutts and jibs. Keeps the lines down! :biggthump

Badass pic in your profile by the way!

Theo

Thanks King, which one do you like? spring moguls, just under the top of Rainier Express chair/pow bump jump, Upper Ferk's run/ or patrol flyby, Little Portillo. all photos from Crystal Mountain Wa circa 92'-94' I used to have a libtech race board with kemper 3 strap bindings That saw alot of time on Rainier express chair!!! I recently found one online that i wanted to pull the trigger on but I would rather buy something to suppliment my small quiver.

Thank you. Crystal Mountain Rules and that burton Air 6.1 was one of my favorite decks. I think I warrantied that board 4x as I kept breaking the nose top-sheet apart. I finally got the green air 6 and rode that for a long time. I like a torsional stiff board with soft nose flex I guess? Good luck at the races. I hope I can meet up on Sunday with everyone at Snow Summit. I would love a few pointers on riding my Ultra Prime. I should be at Mt. High on Weds.

Thank you. Crystal Mountain Rules and that burton Air 6.1 was one of my favorite decks. I think I warrantied that board 4x as I kept breaking the nose top-sheet apart. I finally got the green air 6 and rode that for a long time. I like a torsional stiff board with soft nose flex I guess? Good luck at the races. I hope I can meet up on Sunday with everyone at Snow Summit. I would love a few pointers on riding my Ultra Prime. I should be at Mt. High on Weds.

Interesting how tastes in flex patterns vary, and I think a soft nose and a stiff tail is generally the norm for a powder board flex. Makes sense you'd like a such a flex in that snow!

My big bad Coiler has a very even flex. I've spent many days cranking turns that I didn't think were possible on a board as straight as mine. (Thanks everyone!) In fact, I think my signature picture was a rather tight radius turn for that board but it's hard to tell because that is a steep run and the persepctive is funky. Still cool to see the even flex. Anyway, now that I've jumped back on the Burton Speed 160 this season I get really paranoid when I see that little nose flexing up towards me. I'm spoiled!