Note to New Members ×

Beer league racing

Kurt Swanson

I race in a league here in Michigan. Short course (30 second runs). I'm fairly new to riding hardboots. I purchased a Donek Axxes 167 this summer with the intent of using this as my all-around board. I'm thinking the Donek will probably be quite a handful on the slalom course. So I'm considering picking up a (used) shorter board for racing. I'm 5'10" 155lbs. Anyone have any recomendations on board dimensions, length, sidecut or even specific board suggesions?

167 Axxess 167 143 9.6 27.20 21.50 26.80 5.0 630

Specs for the access...

27.2 at the tip, scr of 9.6, to wide, plenty turny, ought to work in any slalom course as is but is really an all mt board.

Why don't you keep your eyes open for a madd,prior or coiler in a 158-162 these are made for courses, thinner boards 17-21 width at the waist, quicker from edge to edge...jmho

I'm sure I will get laughed at for this reply, but I love my AIRWALK Force157 carver for small tight courses. Its an older model but is snappy, and has a really good flex and response for a rider of our weight and is very stable for races that never go much past 30 mph as you are turning a lot more and blowinng off speed to keep in the gates.

I don't know what that would translate to in new 2010 gear, but if you come across one, they are inexpensive and just fun.

HTH.