Note to New Members ×

Incredible base/edge tune once again!!!

Ray

I just received three of my Virus boards back from Mike/SkiMD (www.skimd.com). His tune job once again, absolutely incredible :biggthump The base perfectly took the new stone grind structure and the edges, MEGA ultra sharp!!! The last time Mike tuned my Virus Undertaker and every time I rode it last season I immediately reminded myself to get all my boards done by him again for the next/this season… Usually I ride my new Virus boards for at least one full season with the original factory tune, which I like as well, but since I had two other boards “in need”, I also did send my new Cyborg Evo III out... Kinda scary, with shipping and whatnot. So much stuff can go wrong… Anyway, in this case everything went perfect. I just unpacked my babies, looked at them and immediately knew, I would do it again and again… Worth the sweat and sure enough every penny!!! Now it’s time to rip some turns… well soon!

Cheers!

Did he increase his prices for Virus boards?

I sent one too him last year, and he said he was going to raise his price for that particular brand board after he tuned mine.

A lot more work goes into it, and I think they take more of a toll on his machines.

Maybe send me an email and let me know.

Did he increase his prices for Virus boards?

I sent one too him last year, and he said he was going to raise his price for that particular brand board after he tuned mine.

A lot more work goes into it, and I think they take more of a toll on his machines.

Ace, Not sure if he changed the price for the Virus boards :confused: the last time Mike did mine, was the season before last and I don't know what I paid back then... None the less, yes, he confirmed it sure takes him more work...

Nothing against the East Coast but out West it is the Waxroom. If it is good for Nate Holland, Lyndsie Jacobellis, Seth Wescott, Tommy Moe, Graham Watanabe, Sean Palmer to name a few, then it is good enough for me.:biggthumphttp://www.waxroom.com/ is my hangout. Curtis has never let me down and even under extreme deadline due to international transport, he delivered a WCR tune to Chapelco in time for an WC event.:cool:

Also, my local shop has a proprietary symmetrical pattern that we co-developed and totally rock. Recommended you handle with Kevlar glove cos knife very sharp and very fast.

http://www.allboardssports.com

Bola, it should be good enough for you, correct ;) but not really sure if this has anything to do with East Coast vs. West :confused:

Since most of us would have to ship their boards for either one of them anyway, I think it doesn’t really matter.

What matters (to me) is that I have had my own experience with Mikes work and have never even heard from anyone of the Waxroom before until you just now advertised them in this thread here. Impressive list of names, agreed :biggthump

What I know, and that really became a rule for me, I will not hand a $2k board to someone anymore I have not worked with before, no matter how good their reputation is… The last time I did that and I had a so called reputable shop in Aspen tune one of my boards it was simply ground through the base :angryfire:boxing_sm Yea, really good list of people who have had their stuff tuned there (including Chris Klug :eek:)… So I learned my lesson and am now a little hesitant. Too bad I had no time back then to pack it up and send to Mike and wait for 10 days because it was still during the season, well, lesson learned. Would have saved me a lot of money… Anyway, I am not saying this will happen at the Waxroom, or it can not happen with anyone else, it’s just that I and tons of many bomber members have had very good experience with Mikes work :1luvu: That is good enough for me!!!

Hope to see you in Aspen, time to rip and test those amazing tunes, right Bola? :eplus2:

Cheers

Ray:

Hopefully, I'll see you soon but plans are constantly changing, just got an invite that is too good to pass so that early Dezember might be Solden to be followed by some sun and sand way south.

Cheers

Bola

http://www.allboardssports.com

Cheers to all of that!

Hey, plan to come to Soelden for the Carving Masters!!! Would be really great. Btw, we will be in Europe (Switzerland, Austria, Germany...) as of 3/1 ;)

Time to dig some trenches with our friends overseas :D