Note to New Members ×

Dancer/Dancing Set-Ups?

Arclite

In the process of finishing a dancer....

pretty flexy.

9 ply baltic birch + fiberglass.

anyway.

I was thinking about gullwing sidewinders and 86a durians.

I'm having second thoughts about that though.

Don't wanna be sliding around all the time...

Penny for your thoughts and setups?

wel my kneejerk answer is Indy 215's and if you absolutely must have Otang wheels try the stimulus or fatfree wheels for dancing I am much more comfortable dancing on shorter wheels Durian are huge. FWIW A-squared dance on Paris trucks

wel my kneejerk answer is Indy 215's and if you absolutely must have Otang wheels try the stimulus or fatfree wheels for dancing I am much more comfortable dancing on shorter wheels Durian are huge. FWIW A-squared dance on Paris trucks

The durians are only 2.5mm higher off the ground then stims....

The durians are only 2.5mm higher off the ground then stims....

yeah and Avilas ride 3mm's taller than Hotspots, BZ'a are 2.5mm higher than regular Zig's but the ride is nothing alike. Fatter and heavier wheels aren't necessarily what you want for a dancing board. They require more riser to prevent wheelbite which means you are higher still. Food for thought anyway

I'd want my dancer to be as low as possible while still being a topmount...

When I had my Dancer set up (it's hanging on a wall at present) it was on Force Clones or Indy 215's with 66mm Lime Zigs...jumping in the center of the board would almost but not quite bottom out the board. I've been talking to Rus Owen (Mr Soda Factory) about a Dancer but his plate is very full at the moment. which is good because he has a topmount speedboard i am interested in.

Is this the Vlam dancer you're talking about?

I love that board with the nice tail block.

yup. I'm not dancing much now and the rest of the parts are scattered among other boards. that board is a beauty but doesn't do as good a job as I expected as a Dancing board more like a big long cruising board...As I said I've ben talking design with Rus and hopefully sometime this spring the Soda Factory will have something more dancerish out (the hoodwalker he currently makes is pretty cool)

• 2 weeks later...