Note to New Members ×

Mammoth Re-Opening for real this time: 11/7

nekdut

Good afternoon,

Mammoth Mountain plans to re-open for skiing and riding on Saturday, November 7, 2009. The recent unbelievably cold temperatures allowed for a tremendous amount of snowmaking in the last 48 hours. This, combined with the natural snow on the upper mountain, will allow for a fantastic top-to-bottom opening next week (roughly a week before our previously scheduled opening).

Over the next couple of days, the resort will continue to make snow, as temperatures permit, and will be pushing and grooming the snow in preparation for a great opening on Saturday.

Weather permitting, 3 lifts will be in operation: Broadway Express, Facelift and the Upper Panorama Gondola, with access to 8-10 trails beginning next Saturday.

Kind regards,

Stu

Stuart Brown

Community Relations Manager

Mammoth Lakes Tourism and Recreation Department

Finally! :)

• 2 weeks later...

I keep forgetting to tell you I haven't been at TMS since August. In fact, I'm accepting a new job in Santa Monica and starting on 11/16. That brings me 1 hour closer to MMSA once I move up :AR15firin

November is up in the air since I'm trying to find an apartment or studio to move to. I definitely want to get at least 2 riding days in though. I'll let you know if I can make it next week, got a friend with MVP who's jonesing too. I can be reached at lochnguyen at gmail.com now

• 2 weeks later...

It was pretty solid, I think it was definitely worth the trip. The snow is in good condition, but you have to be careful in some places as the coverage is thin. As long as you stay on the main runs, you'll be fine though. The snow quality was very carvable and in good shape almost everywhere. There weren't too many runs or lifts open so it made things a little crowded at times, but nothing too bad overall. I think its definitely worth the trip up for you this coming weekend, especially if they open up Stump.