Note to New Members ×

beginer need info and/or review on oxygen sx and sims burner

cassandrehv

hey,

I want to carve!!!

I read a bit on this site and I would like something like freecarve not too hardcore. I saw the prior atv and 4 wd (i might ride on soft boots) there is also boardercross boards but I dont realy know wich boards to look for. I dont want to spend too much money. New hardboots and binding + board is too much. since I already have softboots and bindings. I saw an oxygen sx 430 (i think its 430) hardboots for 200$ might be good?

also a sims burner with boot and bindings at 350$ is that good for me as a beginer i dont realy know what kind of board it is. Can I find used hardboots or cheap ones. I live in BC, Canada.

thanks for info!!!

Hi and welcome!

Where in BC are you? There is quite a few guys in Vancouver and suroundings... We can gear you up if local.

Burner, depending on size is quite a demanding board.

Oxygen SX is a boardercross board and can be ridden with softies too. ATV can do softies and hbardboots. 4WD is designed for plates mostly, unless you have really tiny feet...

What boot size you need (in mondo point = length of your footprint in cm)?

Boris

thanks for helping me,

Im goimg to be in revelstoke for the winter, I wear size 9 boots, sorry dont know in cm. I found the oxygen sx for 200$ with plates, but I would need boots, 400$ for boots is quite expensive, id like to find a good deal or to ride it in softies. I migt go in Vancouver in the next weeks. Do you know anything about the oxygen sx, whats will be the difference with the board I ride now (I ride an option Makinen 161 , all-mountain, freeride board)?

Is the ATV a lot more of a carving board or I<LL p board. boardercross a with happy be <> will be happy with the oxygen sx? and is there some more board I should look for? donek axess, coiler am and maybe more...

Id like to find used one

oh and by the way im 5,10 and 150 pounds

Thanks

To size the hardboots your US shoe size is pretty much useless... Get your mondo point (length of your foot in cm): step barefooted onto a piece of paper, draw the contour of your foot (tight), measure the length of the drawing in centimeters (if measuring in inches multiply by 2.54). That is your Mondo. Use that number to guide you with hard boot purchase. Most of the hard boots have the Mondo number engraved on the LOWER shell, INSIDE. Try the shells on WITHOUT the liners, there should be just a litle bit of space behind your heel. Try the boots with the liners, they should feel almost too tight, they would pack in later. Do not buy what feels just comfy or a bit loose!

As for the board, you need to decide what you really wanted to do with it. Just carve hard and use your current board for soft or ungroomed conditions? Or replace the current board with the alpinene setup that's vesatile enough to do it all?

I would keep the existing board and go for a more carve dedicated setup... As you'll be riding in Revelstoke, the conditions would be mostly softer, even when gromed. So, Prior 4WD, Coiler AM, Donek Axxess, would work just fine carving board, with abillity to still perform in chopped up stuff. There are few cheaper boards too, for this role, like Oxygen APX, Burton Alp/Coil, Burton Speed Wide...

If the "one board to do it all" scenario was what you wanted, then go for a BX type of board. They will still carve well, but have more width and nose to handle variable conditions and surf the pow. That's where "your" Oxygen SX fits in, as well as Prior ATV, Donek Incline, F2 SpeedCross/ElDIablo, F2 Eliminator, Volkl Cross, to name a few...

I wouldn't ride an AM carver in softboots, but you can use them on BX boards.

When you are in Vancouver, you are welcome to look at what I and my buddies have in our garages and talk more... We might even be able to gear you up.

Also feel free to drop me a message through Bomber.