Note to New Members ×

Veteran boarder, first time skier, has boot questions

S_carve

Hi guys. Hope everyone enjoyed the summer, but its that time of year again that we all love. So I'm 28 and have been snowboarding since I was 12, with probably 12 of those years on hardboots. I always used either Burton hardboots or my current Head stratos pros. This year I want try skiing just to change things up a bit. So I have a free pair of Head Mojo twin tip skis, and I just bought some ski boots today. I got a very good deal of some Full Tilt High Five boots brand new, which has the 3 piece design.

My question is how well will these boots on snowboard setup? I know they have different flex patterns than my Heads, but how will thet compare?

Thanks for any responses!

Thy should work - they are Flexons, after all!

Funny that you can fit both Flexon and Head shell - one is for narrow and the other for wider feet?

Then, if you wanted the ski boot that would feel just like your Head Stratos, then go for Dalbello CRX / CarveX / Reflex. It's the same mold. I ski and snowboard in those.

As you can see below, I monkied the BTS in, too. It's a messy job, though.

post-1678-141842286053_thumb.jpg

S Carve, was your question about using your new ski boots on your snowboard? If so, my question is why? You have good snowboard boots. If you were just learning to hardboot snowboard, I could see an argument for trying it. But since you have the SB hardboots already, I wouldn't bother. I ride in the Stratos pros also, and there's no way I'd take my ski boots on a snowboard unless I did a ton of modification to the ski boots (they'd be way too stiff). The flexons will be super stiff on the SB. And way too stiff laterally for SB riding.

Have fun learning to ski. Its a blast. I've really gotten back into skiing in the past few years. Last season was the first time since 1989 that I skied more days than I snowboarded.