Note to New Members ×

Billy- I have some questions.

eddie

When I was out ridding today, at times I felt a little weird like my feet were a little too close. When I was beginning a healside turn, I tried utilize the cant to drive the edge, but, to really get it to hook I felt I was leaning to far foreward that it decreased my stablity. I felt that to get the power in the turn I was barely on my back foot and both knees were just about side by side. Then, when I came home I measured the stance on my Rossi and found that I ride the plates 19" apart. I have changed the cateks to almost 19" apart, put on my boots and it feels a bit better.

My questions are:

With the addition of cant and lift, would it be beneficial for me to go wider than 19"?

Or, was it just my technique that was wrong?

I think I was leaning so far foreward because I am use to shifting my weight that far. Again, once I found that sweet spot, the board would hook just so damn good, you blink and I was gone!

Eddie

Eddie,

Sorry, we didn't get to make turns yesterday. I have to agree with the it feels good theory. We can get together and talk about what you are doing on the hill. Remember the reason we put you into thoose Cateks and not bombers was so you can play with your stance! That board can handle any thing you throw at it. Let's find a comfy stance for you and then work on turns! I may know your heelside issue and since you've gone to a narrower board with higher angles it should be easy to fix. You'll be fine it was day one on new gear. The snow was not so friendly and you may have been way off waxed it seem a little stickey to me all day.

Quick answers are. Stay below 19 1/2 untill we ride together that board is way to stiff in the middle. Try out what ever you want see what works for you? I know your size and strength I think you'll find bigger then 20 feels odd. Unless you over cant but we will have to ride so I can see it.

P.S. PC opened Jupiter today the only board I saw was, my fish , and my tele gear, later in the day! Christy was hucking rocks and raping pow turns with me all day!(Her fist day out this year, She didn't see a grommer intill we came down her first run was All Trees, she is such a rider!) Thigh deep! Thigh Burn!

Eddie-

I found myself in a similar situation once, with too much forward cant. the result was that my back was locking out when I went to my heelside, and I kept slipping the turns. I knew something was wrong, but it took another person to see the problem.

I'm not sure whow you are set up, but try lifting the front toe of the Catek, and the rear heel; Cant them both towards the center, and keep your stance width in the same place for now.

-Noah