Note to New Members ×

Best GPS for Skitrak?

Fastskiguy

It's not like blingy Colorado or anything :) , it's where the real "redneck" passion for snowsports lurks. It's not fancy, you guys wouldn't put up with it for one run. But if you've got real passion you'll pay to hike 50 vertical feet in the rain on Nov. 17th.

Hell I'd like those 190+ vertical feet you've got on us! :eek:

When I get to bottom I always wished I've made more turns.

• 10 months later...

latest GPS on the slopes???

With a new season upon us... I'm considering asking Santa to bring me a GPS for carving. What are some of the recent developments and new products that allow plotting your day's movements and stuff?

I don't know if I'd really need a unit with a map screen for carving... but would have nice value for other uses besides snowboarding.

I'm going garmin edge 800...mostly for cycling but it should be good for snowboarding too. And I ended up getting a stinky iPhone and love that little sucker so that might be pressed into service too. The 500 is probably going on ebay but it sure was fun for some of those long rides this summer....

post-3210-141842327088_thumb.jpg

If you are selling... I might be buying!

I want a GPS with the capabilities your unit has to play with but don't want to drop a big bunch of money on new because I don't know how much I'd really use it, etc. If you are interested in selling please email me. bjvircks at earthlink dot net

A good condition used unit is a good way for me to get familiar with how I would be using it, how often, what I like and don't, etc.

Brad

I still get a kick out of seeing your plot overlayed onto Sundown!