Note to New Members ×

Downhill Skate decks and Speed wobbles

Chubz

Folks

Looking for input on DH decks. looking to build some new ones this summer and concepting. I love the look of Rayne's and seems Landyatchz would work very well conceptually. Also love the 313's form over the pond, all priced way too much.

Only asking because the standard 42" deck I have been using on most of my previous higher speed DH's left me with speed wobbles at 41 MPH over the weekend on a new hill. 1st decent run of the season but I have had that set up to about 51mph with no problem.

I did change some of my truck wedging but didnt think that would make a huge difference.

I would go to silverfish but toooooo many opinions there.

Any input would be cool.

subsonic skateboards. they'll make you a full custom board at the price of a landyachtz evo or less.

i know a reflex without the carbon fiber and fiber glass will only run you about $100.

check them out here http://www.subsonicskateboards.com/

i've had two of Scott's boards (both of the LDP models) and have been extremely pleased with the quality and price.

Wobs are in your head.....seriously the two things you can do to alleviate speed wobbles are relax and skate more. OK not quite skating more strengthen your ankles which makes you more relaxed and lessens the likely hood of Wobbles