Note to New Members ×

For The Drummers.

Arclite

Anyone ever tried Jojo Mayer's cymbals, or sticks, or any of his "signiture" drum stuff?

Very interested in his sticks and Sabian Fierce hats.

I play Drum and Bass, Funk, Rock, Jazz....pretty much everything!

I've been using Vater Fusion sticks and Manhattan 7a's.

Also interested in the Joe Porcaro diamond tips. prefferably 8a's

And in the Vic's Silver Bullet 5a's

Our drummer uses those sticks sometimes. Doesn't like them as much as his normal 5A(?) Vics, calls them the chode sticks. :lol:

They definitely are short and fat. And a buck more. They are a bit "gunshotty" probably because they end up being much stiffer with the length (if my memory serves me, like 2/3s of an inch shorter) and width. It doesn't suit the sound we are going for, but you do drumline stuff right? Might be perfect.

Theo

I have an old Ludwig set in my barn that I like to bang on. I am in love with my DW pedals - single base, double pedal.

I haven't used any of the things you've mentioned but figured I'd chime in anyway to say hello to a fellow drummer.

Drums are such a physical instrument for me, both feet, both arms. Like riding a motorcycle, it engages all of me when I'm "on it".

I have an old Ludwig set in my barn that I like to bang on. I am in love with my DW pedals - single base, double pedal.

I haven't used any of the things you've mentioned but figured I'd chime in anyway to say hello to a fellow drummer.

Drums are such a physical instrument for me, both feet, both arms. Like riding a motorcycle, it engages all of me when I'm "on it".

I used a DW 9000 double pedal, but i was borrowing it with my teachers old DW set and gave it back in december....ohhh...i loved the weight distribution.

Do you remember the 80's-90's band Warrant? known the drummer for 6 years. He gives me lessons now. yeahh. :biggthump

I'm on a Pearl Forum set now. I'll post a few pics later.

B8 Sabian cymbals.

yeahh. :biggthump

and to all you other "Keepers of the Beat" out there.

And here's to Charlie Watts and to the rest of the 'Stones. Those guys knew what a priceless (blues/jazz) heritage we have, before most of us knew we had it!!

Play On, Play On ... Far, Far, Into The Night!!

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone ever tried Jojo Mayer's cymbals, or sticks, or any of his "signiture" drum stuff?

Not that it has anything to do with the drumming gear :), but the band I used to play with toured with Jojo's NERVE, also Roli Moismann produced and mixed their latest album. They are live d'n'b band - check out www.miloopa.com or their myspace (http://www.myspace.com/miloopamusic) - if you're into that kind of music :).

i play - just left a band, actually.

i have a Roland TD-6 electric kit (at least 5 years old now, but in good condition), had a 5 piece Pearl Export previously played snare in marching band (high school), took formal instruction for a few years as a kid, but haven't seriously been into it in years.

anyone covered "don't stop believin?" by journey? i'm set to jam with co-workers (several of them managers) - so i gotta be able to fake this at least 50 - 75% LOL. watched a great youtube vid of steve smith demonstrating the poly rhythm - he plays the HH w/ his L hand, and the cymbal bell / tom pattern with his right - should be fun practicing.

Scott (WVSiverstone) is a percussionist - went to Juliard if i'm not mistaken! (or one of those highly regarded music schools)

i've enjoyed using those "bundle stick" things the past year - they are like a bunch of chop sticks put together - broke a few (of the individual sticks, that is), but they did the trick.

ps some best buys are selling instruments now - they have a whole music section - fun to test the kits!

Yup- not just big box store crap. I was VERY surprised when there were 2 American Standard Strats and an American Standard J-bass in a west LA Best Buy. Still a fan of the local music store support (not Guitar Splinter), or in my case, the local manufacturer.

Personally I like guitar center. Sam Ash is too expensive, and GC guarantees 10% cheaper then SA.

Never been to guitar merch though.

• 3 weeks later...
Not that it has anything to do with the drumming gear :), but the band I used to play with toured with Jojo's NERVE, also Roli Moismann produced and mixed their latest album. They are live d'n'b band - check out www.miloopa.com or their myspace (http://www.myspace.com/miloopamusic) - if you're into that kind of music :).

I've bought their CD and have been listening to it for 2 weeks now, I like 'em :biggthump

• 6 months later...