Note to New Members ×

Thanks

KingCrimson

As I closed the local season yesterday, I got my 6 foot long printout detailing the 31 days and 370,000 feet I did this year at Mt. High. (including 110 rides on the East quad, 102 on the West quad and 98 on Conquest, the metaphorical Chair 7 of MH)

With my Ptex candles all melted to nubs, my bricks of wax so small I can't heat them up without burning myself, and my files and diamond stones so clogged with sidewall material I may as well be sharpening my edges with cheese, I want to say thanks to everyone in SoCal. Between the constructive criticism (Aaron), deconstructive criticism (Julian), drywall constructive criticism (Terry), and all the other tips and tricks and inspiration that all of you guys gave me throughout the season, I am so pleased with the progress I have made, but even moreso, I'm pleased that I found a sport with the coolest bunch around. :biggthump (except Julian)

I ended the season on a high note, carved a nasty black diamond top to bottom at a safe speed, but of course the alpine gods smacked me down for my pride when I was holding speed and going "Wahoo!" on the flat immediately after the steep. I caught my heelside edge, and fell on my ass in 8+ inches of water. Doh!

Thanks again SoCal, see you all at JPMCS '10!

Theo

Hey Theo, how do I get a printout? Don't tell me I need to drive up there!

"I ended the season on a high note, carved a nasty black diamond top to bottom at a safe speed"

So I take it the newer Coiler works well or were you riding the delam special.:)

As I closed the local season yesterday, I got my 6 foot long printout detailing the 31 days and 370,000 feet I did this year at Mt. High. (including 110 rides on the East quad, 102 on the West quad and 98 on Conquest, the metaphorical Chair 7 of MH)

With my Ptex candles all melted to nubs, my bricks of wax so small I can't heat them up without burning myself, and my files and diamond stones so clogged with sidewall material I may as well be sharpening my edges with cheese, I want to say thanks to everyone in SoCal. Between the constructive criticism (Aaron), deconstructive criticism (Julian), drywall constructive criticism (Terry), and all the other tips and tricks and inspiration that all of you guys gave me throughout the season, I am so pleased with the progress I have made, but even moreso, I'm pleased that I found a sport with the coolest bunch around. :biggthump (except Julian)

Thanks again SoCal, see you all at JPMCS '10!

How about constructive-deconstructive-drywall advice? :biggthump

It was great meeting you and everyone else too. Hopefully I will see more of you y'all in Mammoth and June Mtn next season! I'm going to put that MVP pass to good use. Now I've got 6 months to contemplate a WCRM or Sctub :eplus2:

Hey Theo, how do I get a printout? Don't tell me I need to drive up there!

"I ended the season on a high note, carved a nasty black diamond top to bottom at a safe speed"

So I take it the newer Coiler works well or were you riding the delam special.:)

No way that top secret one came out. That, and I don't have it yet! The Delam special is my rock board.

Plus my claim is a bit bogus, since I was basically riding on pine-syrup. :lol:

I can imagine it helped though..that confidence chaning edges on steeps has always been a carve-buster for me.

You do have to drive up there, but my guess is you can get it when you renew next season.

It was great meeting you and everyone else too. Hopefully I will see more of you y'all in Mammoth and June Mtn next season! I'm going to put that MVP pass to good use. Now I've got 6 months to contemplate a WCRM or Sctub :eplus2:

Hey Loc, me and Andrea are planning to go up on may 1st (?) that weekend-ish area. you plan on coming up?