Note to New Members ×

Anyone using Catek Combo disc with 3D elastomer (Anyone heard from Catek lately?)

Gunnar

The long screws are bending the inserts so much, that the screws are making contact with the wrong side in the combi-holes. I'm afraid this will eventually make the inserts come loose.

If I mount the discs with no elastomer, the shorter screws puts much less leverage on the inserts. But I bought the discs and 3D-elastomer's together, with the intention to use them together.

I don't think you can buy them anymore. But the are still shown in the pictures here; scroll down: http://www.catek.com/catekdirect/product.php?productid=115&cat=3&page=1

I have mailed Scott aboute my concernes; 10 months, 2months and about one week ago. No response so far, and thats why I turn to you..:confused:

I emailed (I actually used their online contact feature) them before SES and I still have no answer about a broken freeride binding.

It broke while I was snowboarding San Anton, far away from civilization, something that could turn out ugly...

Are they still in business ???

I should say that I really like my Cateks. The adjustability is amazing..

I Have been searching for a 6degree disc for my Bomber TD2's for over 6 months now. New discs are sold out until November 2009! So thank god I also have my Cateks!

I would REALLY hate to see Catek go out of buissnenes! So I hope and belive all problems will be solved.

Hey Gunnar:

Interesting issue. I can see that you might have some off axis loading issues with the combi disc when you use the D3. The off axis loading potential is the reason that we moved to discrete 4x4 and 3-hole discs (much to the chagrin of some riders).

In fact, I still run combi discs with D3s on one of my 4x4 boards with no problems, but you do need to be exact when installing and check the screws frequently to ensure that everything stays tight and aligned.

I've sent you an email directly in regard to the question and offering a solution that I hope will work well for you. Let me know.

Cheers,

Scott @ CATEK

ps. I apologize to anyone (including you and Stradas) if I missed your emails. If I didn't get back to you quickly, please send me another email to scott@catek.com and I'll respond ASAP. :)