Note to New Members ×

Hey OldVolvosRule - you out there?

C5 Golfer

I just had my Mercedes Mechanic pick up my 1980 280 SL for the usual C service...it is a one man independant shop who works only on Mercedes. He is the only guy that has worked on my lovely Mercedes for 24 years now. He comes to my house and picks up the car - does the maintence and returns it, by doing that he must leave a car at my house. So guess what kind of an auto he drove here???? You guessed it -- a 240 Volvo. Crap -- what's up with that????:smashfrea:smashfrea

I am still out here, I was in Mammoth for the past few days. Did the Volvo have aquarium(euro) headlights or the old style quad square lights?? This matters why?? If it has the aquarium lights it has Bosch LH injection, if it has the quad square or round healights it would be K-Jetronic. IMO, Kjet is by far superior to LH injection.

I am still out here, I was in Mammoth for the past few days. Did the Volvo have aquarium(euro) headlights or the old style quad square lights?? This matters why?? If it has the aquarium lights it has Bosch LH injection, if it has the quad square or round healights it would be K-Jetronic. IMO, Kjet is by far superior to LH injection.

Not sure -- Did not look. It was a four door model that get about 30mp.

Have not been to mammoth in many years, when my daughter worked and lived in Reno -- I went there often, played a little golf in the summer with her too. But she moved back to Seattle area. I sure liked the Mammoth mtn slopes. I spent most of my time at Whistler Blackcomb this year.. love it up there.

CYA - take good care of your volvo.

• 4 weeks later...