Note to New Members ×

Butt/hip protection: Azzpadz or impact shorts?

Helvetico

I keep nailing my ass on ice when my board skips out of hard turns on heelside. Already fractured my coccyx on my mountain bike a couple of summers ago: do not want to repeat the incident.

Anyone used the Azzpadz?

As I crank up my angles higher (running F45, R30 now), I might endure different injuries. Would impact shorts (with side protection) be better?

I think it's almost impossible to hit the tailbone on the ground while carving with high angles. Best to get something with side/hip protection.

I used to use Dainese impact shorts, but have sort of stopped wearing them (still wear the jacket, though):

28825004.jpg

On second thought, I'll probably start wearing them again... wbn to have femur/hip/butt protection in case of collision with another skier/boarder.

Anyone used the Azzpadz?

As I crank up my angles higher (running F45, R30 now), I might endure different injuries. Would impact shorts (with side protection) be better?

I'm with kjl.

Get some impact shorts - they'll give you just as much protection as the Azzpadz as far as the azz is concerened, and more hip protection than the Azzpadz, for around the same price.

I ride Demon Snow protecitve gear, but there are literally hundreds of options out there now...

I used the azzpads shorts this year for the 1st time. Got em from CYA on line. I think it's the placebo effect and having extra confidence in that your azz is better protected. It has some decent hip padding. I was more interested in the tail protection. On a rough, ice coast day, they, well, saved my azz. Don't like them from March on though-way to hot. Feels like crotchpot cooking.