Note to New Members ×

29th of March

Arclite

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leaving on a jetplane. I'll be in IL on Sunday for a weeklong business trip, then in MI the following weekend to visit family.

Sh!t, I might not be able to snowboard again until April :barf:

I might have to go on Thurs or Fri to make up for lost time.

Well if your up for it, i know that me and Andrea are taking a trip to Mammoth/June (mabey) around April 7th, 8th give or take.

2 x 12 ?

Yep. great choice for that powder day on Sunday. Great choice for what's looking to be a slurpy day this 29th... It's my do everything board (except bumps/moguls)

I really don't have anything else other than the Donek 171. ATV 161 is mounted up with Catek FR2s for my bro and i don't want to screw around with mounting up bindings and crap.

Yep. great choice for that powder day on Sunday. Great choice for what's looking to be a slurpy day this 29th... It's my do everything board (except bumps/moguls)

I really don't have anything else other than the Donek 171. ATV 161 is mounted up with Catek FR2s for my bro and i don't want to screw around with mounting up bindings and crap.

Why not bring the Donek for the first half and then switch to the 2 x 12 for the second half?

Why not bring the Donek for the first half and then switch to the 2 x 12 for the second half?

I'm seriously considering that, but to be honest, I don't like narrow boards as much.

I like hardboots, but narrow boards just beat me up too much. They're great on the groomers and when you're on your A-game, but after that, i'm just a wimp... haha

I've been thinking about a metal coiler for a while now and i know for sure it'll be around 22.5cm or 23.0cm waist width.

Also, i need a different cant disc for my second board kit. Hey, Andrea, do you have a 6 degree disc that i can buy off of you?

Erwin, how much was your Coiler? was it $800, and is that after customs, shipping, and taxes?

Also, i need a different cant disc for my second board kit. Hey, Andrea, do you have a 6 degree disc that i can buy off of you?

Erwin, how much was your Coiler? was it $800, and is that after customs, shipping, and taxes?

Actually, we're short a few 6* discs. And I wanna know the same about the Coiler. Add an extra hundred for a custom topsheet right?

Hey, Andrea, do you have a 6 degree disc that i can buy off of you?

sorry Albert, i don't, i actually just bought one through BOL because i needed one for Julian, post a want to buy thread and i'm sure you'll find one, everybody is buying td3s lately because of the Bomber sale and a lot of people have a lot of extra staff they might want to get rid of, i don't like very narrow boards either but i found that on a wider and/or shorter board and lower binding angles i'm okay with a 3 degree cant, if you want you can try the speedcross 165 that Julian was riding last sunday, it's 22.7 wide, not sure about the scr though, the edges are sharp and if you want i can have it ready with a second board kit on it so all you have to do is put your bindings on it, just let me know along with your stance

Actually, we're short a few 6* discs. And I wanna know the same about the Coiler. Add an extra hundred for a custom topsheet right?

40 for the topsheet.

Prices are going up due to demand among other things. Bruce is booked till November now, but last I heard, you can figure 850 after it's all said and done.

My Coiler was $800 plus $40 for shipping (US currency). My invoice did not show any fees for taxes or customs.

...And I wanna know the same about the Coiler. Add an extra hundred for a custom topsheet right?

I remember from other posts that if you already have a design, you can get a custom topsheet created for $60. If you need someone to do the design, then that would be extra.

If you send Coiler a custom topsheet to use, I don't think he charges extra to put it on, he might even take off around $15(?) from the price of the board.

If you send Coiler a custom topsheet to use, I don't think he charges extra to put it on, he might even take off around $15(?) from the price of the board.

Well I know what I want the design to be, I just have to make it.

White with black lightning and light blue thin streaks.:biggthump

And Albert, the speedcross was weird for me, but also because its a much longer board than normal, and I'm sure since you're used to your 2 x 12 you can use it with ease.

Thanks for offering the speedcross, but i'm good. I just wanted a 6 degree disc for the Donek since it's 18cm and i'm riding angles of around 67/65 on it. i could use the extra heel lift.

All good though, i'll post up on the classifieds for a 6 degree.

I think i'll be sending Bruce an email soon or giving him a call.

Anyone know where i can get some F2 Ti race plates? I've been curious about trying those bindings too.

As for the boards, i'm pretty happy with the Tanker 192, it does ALMOST everything i need it to.

I just need a dedicated carver that can handle the ice in the early morning, and the Tanker isn't it. Also, i want a shorter board, something less than 170cm, like around 165cm would be nice. That, and i want to try this tit-anal metal junk that everyone is talking about...

So, i figure i want a board that has

-one of those new shapes

-around 165cm (would probably be better in bumps and easier for when I'm not driving up to the mountain...)

-around 22.5 to 23cm wide (i like less than 58 degree stance angles - 54/52 on my Tanker right now)

-around 11.5-12m scr

-made for my 5'9" 143lbs

I think i'll be sending Bruce an email soon or giving him a call.

Anyone know where i can get some F2 Ti race plates? I've been curious about trying those bindings too.

...I just need a dedicated carver that can handle the ice in the early morning, and the Tanker isn't it. Also, i want a shorter board, something less than 170cm, like around 165cm would be nice. That, and i want to try this tit-anal metal junk that everyone is talking about...

So, i figure i want a board that has

-one of those new shapes

-around 165cm (would probably be better in bumps and easier for when I'm not driving up to the mountain...)

-around 22.5 to 23cm wide (i like less than 58 degree stance angles - 54/52 on my Tanker right now)

-around 11.5-12m scr

-made for my 5'9" 143lbs

The Coiler X4(?) Lunchtray seems to be exactly what you're looking for. Plus, I really want to try out the Lunchtray :eplus2:

My next board will probably be the Lunchtray or NSR (180-185cm).

As for the F2 bindings, check with Hardbooter.com. My brother bought a pair from Hardbooter earlier in the season.