Note to New Members ×

Some pics from a recent trip

crazyTKDsquirrel

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to share some pics I took while I was at Mt. Shasta visiting my gf. I figured this group might appreciate some pics and I just wanted to share :)

Mt. Shasta in the background

029-7.jpg

On Castle Lake (it was still frozen)

039-1.jpg

041-1.jpg

045-1.jpg

As some of you may know, this was also the first time I was able to ride my own first board. It's a 172 F2 Speedster RS I got from a Bomber a couple weeks ago, and all I can say is WOW :eek:. It almost feels as though this board was made just for me. At first, I was a little intimidated with the length and stiffness of it (I'm only about 140lbs). I thought I would be falling every 20 feet, but I didn't. I was actually able to link some carves the very first run! At this point, the excitement was just pouring out of me. I wasn't able to hold still on the ride back up.

I've only taken the board out twice, but I can still feel myself riding the sidecut, although only on the steeper stuff. Once I get on some more gentle blues, I can crank it over and make really tight turns. Is this normal? If so, how can I do what I do on the gradual blues on some steeper stuff, other than more practice?

I'm planning to go to Silver Mtn. this weekend and hopefully go with Steve P. or someone else. The weekend better get here soon!

Glad your liking the F2, Maybe you should come up to Schwietzer this weekend, I can hook you up with a $10 ticket and our groomers kick Silvers a$$, just ask Steve. Give him a call and I'll bet he'll meet us there.

It's only an extra 25 mi. than driving to Silver.

Post on the ride board or call me if you can make it up here, six one oh two one six nine.