Note to New Members ×

Broken Deeluxe T225?

koldo

I bought Deeluxe T225 in the beggining of the season, everything worked totaly perfect, until today. It started to pop strangely in the outer right-boot joint, while I was riding. Firstly I didn´t ralize that it was the joint, I thought that it might have been caused by the forward-lean controlling mechanism and it did not happen while I wasn´t driving. However, this poping increased so much, that i wasn´t able to do heelside turn and had to stop riding after three runs. It got kind of loose when the boot was bending laterally in the ankle area. It started to happen even when I was walking with the locked boot. I took my liner out a chcecked that joint, but everything looked allright. I didn´t try to open it, so I don´t know what could have happened inside of the joint.

Im not very heavy rider (145) and I did´t have any major fall or something, where I could break the joint, or at least. I didn´t realize it when it happened.

Did any of you experienced brokend boot or something similar? How did you find out? I´d like to do as much as possible before sending it to a dealer, because the season isn´t over yet and the warranty process would probably take like forever.

Thanks

Peter

Sounds like you have a broken rivet on the cuff to lower boot. Pull the liner out to look for the backing washer inside the boot. It can be fixed with a T-nut and some washers. Sometimes you can drill thru the old rivet and use it as a washer with a T-nut on the inside.

Most ski shops should be able to replace the rivet if you wish.

Good luck!

Sounds like you blew out the serrated cant adjuster on the outer cuff (the white pieces). See number 14 on the attached pages from the Bomber Store.

http://www.bomberonline.com/store/boots/parts_sb.cfm

http://www.bomberonline.com/store/boots/parts_sb_cuff_cant.cfm

I've had to replace this on all 4 sets of SB series boots I've owned over the years. My weight is about 155-160 lbs.

There was a thread about 5 years ago showing how to epoxy the 2 serrated white cant pieces together. I have done this to all my SB boots or have installed machined aluminum cant adjusters I bought in Japan.

You will need to drill out the bolt from the outside. The bolt and t-nut will need to be replaced afterward. Bomber usually has the parts in stock.

Thanks for your replies. I called my dealer today and he told me to check the cant adjuster and tighten it up if necessary. It was moving up and down, so I´ve tried to tighten it. It holds still now. But I´m little worried if it is not, as you´ve written, blown out. The bolt wasn´t loose too much, actually it was pretty tight. I tightened it as much as possible. It seems ok now, I tried to push on it quite hard and it held well, however I´m not able to push on it laterally, which may make it loose once again.

And one more thing I´m concerned with - I don´t know in which position it was before. I did it like it is on the other boot, but it doesn´t seem right, the boot has little bit different shape. Could any of you check your boots, how is the little metal piece in the middle positioned in the white cant piece by manufacturer, please? Sorry for a silly task, but i´ve never tried to adjust this, and it worked in the original position quite well for me, so I just wanna be sure.