Note to New Members ×

Fading back into the green...

SWriverstone

Well, it's definitely that time now in the Mid-Atlantic. No more carving 'til next winter! :( I won't have time (nor money) to get anywhere else...and I've already started motorcycling, bicycling...and soon I'll be paddling again.

The Great Mental Transition has begun!

I'm kinda bummed that I never got to try out the Donek 175 I bought at the end of the season. It looks great just standing there. But on the other hand, it'll be something fun to look forward to this December!

It was a great season and I have no regrets. Somewhere around 35 times at the local resort for the season (more than paid for my season pass)...plus a week in Aspen at SES. I can live with that! :biggthump

Scott

Scott, sorry to call you out a little bit, however, if you wanted to you dould go to Wisp and bomb down squirrel cage from 9 a.m til late at night. They just extended until April and nighttime temps this Thurs and Fri are in the teens! You're killing me with this.

Show up there when the lifts open and you could be the only person in the entire state of MD on a snowboard (Wisp is the only hill in MD) for the first 20-30 minutes. That always makes me feel really lucky, indeed. Conditions may not be ideal, but it's not that bad either. I'll be there friday and then next week I'm going to New England. Enjoy the self-imposed off season. No hostility here, I promise, just a little exasperation of the friendliest sort.

Mt Hood Meadows. We currently have the highest base depth of the season 153 inches at the base!! Plans are to close at the end of April. Typically they close with over 100" base!

Timberline runs through the summer on a glacier of snow. Spring can be very good riding in the PNB!!

Bryan

99$ Spring Passes available at either resort mentioned. Good month or more of riding for a hundred bucks? Time to visit Mt Hood?

Today was an excellent pow day, 14" of new.

Wish you were there!!

Scott, sorry to call you out a little bit, however, if you wanted to you dould go to Wisp and bomb down squirrel cage from 9 a.m til late at night. They just extended until April and nighttime temps this Thurs and Fri are in the teens! You're killing me with this.

Show up there when the lifts open and you could be the only person in the entire state of MD on a snowboard (Wisp is the only hill in MD) for the first 20-30 minutes. That always makes me feel really lucky, indeed. Conditions may not be ideal, but it's not that bad either. I'll be there friday and then next week I'm going to New England. Enjoy the self-imposed off season. No hostility here, I promise, just a little exasperation of the friendliest sort.

Fair point Dave! And I admit, I hadn't even thought about going to Wisp. I might check that out...but for me, it's tough to mix seasonal hobbies—it's a mindset thing, y'know? :)

During the winter, I'm ALL about carving exclusively...but once I get back on the bikes, the motorcycles, get back into paddling...my focus is split many ways...and carving almost involuntarily recedes into a kind of mental hibernation 'til next year. LOL

But I'll admit...you've definitely got me thinking about the Wisp option!

Scott