Note to New Members ×

Thanks for a great 08/09 season at Big Bear

surfnsnow

I just want to say it’s been great meeting so many new, and hooking up with some old, HB friends this season at Summit! (This has been the silver lining to the grey cloud of Jimmy’s passing.) Lorrie and I will be heading up to the Sierra Session next weekend, and that will be followed by a trip to Cabo. I’ve had a lot of fun days and good turns with you guys and, if we don’t get to ride together again this season, let’s be sure to do it again next year. Thanks again to everyone! :biggthump

Would like to say the same! Had a blast the two times I made it up! Thanks a million to all who gave me pointers, I'd never be where I am in my riding without them!

Ran into John today at Mt High, asian guy with long hair? Said he knew both you and Jim Pryor. Very exciting rider to watch, he FLIES.

Theo

Always a pleasure to ride with better carvers than me :biggthump

It gives me lots of opportunities to hone in on my skills by watching you guys.

At the end of the day I FINALLY figured out how to carve my toe side the right way, as in, getting low. :biggthump

And I was pulling some nice boarder cross style jumps....alas...the one day I didn't bring my camera...:smashfrea

Would like to say the same! Had a blast the two times I made it up! Thanks a million to all who gave me pointers, I'd never be where I am in my riding without them!

Ran into John today at Mt High, asian guy with long hair? Said he knew both you and Jim Pryor. Very exciting rider to watch, he FLIES.

Theo

That would be John Fujii. A wonderful guy and an awesome carver! He and Jim and I have had a lot of great days together on the snow, both here and in the Sierras over the years. I've been trying to get hold of him all season to no avail. I'm glad to hear he was doing what he loves to do anyway.

I emailed customer service High to get the hi-res copy of my picture..turns out the email got forwarded to the photographer who took the picture.

Just so happens he's the Director of Marketing, and he was bummed that I didn't take that same trail because he wanted more shots of my riding..and he said to email him next time I'm up at high because he wants to take more pictures!

Interest in plates from the director of marketing!

Only thing is, how did my riding catch his eye? :o