Note to New Members ×

158 cm Volkl RT

Gtanner

Sweet little board. Ridden a half-dozen times by me and about 10 times from the previous owner (Mr. Alipinecarving.com himself).

Yellow with black stripes, base is perfect and just the odd scratch on the topsheet.

$150 US + shipping or trade (plus$$ if req'd) for BX board (mid 160s).

-Gord

Do you think that I'm too light for a 158? I weigh 115 lbs with all of my gear on. Currently riding a 150 Alp, which is already too soft for me. I was on a 154 Option prototype (very stiff) two seasons ago which I loved, but had to give back to it's owner. Me strong like a baby female Ox... Uhm, my boyfriend rides a 185 RT and likes it a lot, but I am still just learning. What do you think?

It's hard for me to relate to your situation (I'm just over 200 lbs). But let me try nonetheless.

The board had a softer nose and is rather flexy under the front binding. It is stiff through the tail, so it has the potential to spring you nicely into your next turn as you get more comfortable.

I think the board would be fine for you considering your comparison with the Option board and comfort with its stiffness. This board has a hammer-head style nose, so the running length of the board will feel longer than the Option even though the length is only 4cm longer.

Personally I have not ridden any other volkl boards, so I'm not sure how it compares to a longer model.

PM me and I can send along some pics for you to take a look at.

-Gord

SWEET board, I'm @ 170, but it's 'the' board which forced me to upgrade after trying it at a demo day.

I was riding a Burton PJ (very stiff) I'm riding a Hot Shine 168 board now (stiffer than the RT), so the length should be ok.

Very responsive, very quick edge to edge, great to avoid skiers.

• 2 weeks later...