Note to New Members ×

Tragic Crash

csquared

An alpine snowboarder was involved in a fatal crash at Beaver Valley on Sunday. Witnesses who saw the crash from a chairlift said that the rider was going at high speed and had started to carve a turn when his board slipped and he slid into a tree. He was wearing a helmet but died of his injuries within an hour of the accident.

The rider's name was John Zsolt and Sunday was his 46th birthday. He was apparently trying out a new board. Conditions were sunny and very cold with machine groomed granular snow. The warm temperatures and rain during the previous week would liked have created a very firm to icy base at Beaver Valley. He leaves a wife and two teenaged children. Deepest sympathies to his family and friends.

I am trying to find out more about the crash and the causes. Hopefully something can be learned from this tragedy that would help to prevent similar mishaps in our community. If you can add any useful knowledge, it would be helpful.

Other thread http://www.bomberonline.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=25057, my condolence to his family.

I am trying to find out more about the crash and the causes. Hopefully something can be learned from this tragedy that would help to prevent similar mishaps in our community. If you can add any useful knowledge, it would be helpful.

Let us know please

Roy