Note to New Members ×

Tinkler TNTs In Action

www.oldsnowboards.com

That is some crazy S*** right there.

How much do these boards go for usually?

Keeping in mind that if you only want a single board without a plate or sticks, it would be similiar to other high end customs in price.

The plates are similar in construction to building another snowboard. Plus Snow Stix etc.

A "Full System" , "One Off" Tinkler runs between 1500 and 2000$ for a Custom built board of your design specs. Know what you want? Mike Tinkler will build it for you.

post-198-141842276707_thumb.jpg

My preference tends to be in the 184cm to 203cm , 13-16M SCR, 17.5 to 19.5cm Waist, full or generous nose shape.

My favorite Tinklers currently are the "Floating Plate" boards with TNT and Stix. Figuring out what the next board will be with

the help of Mike. Need to get myself stong enough to enjoy the boards he builds. Fortunately a board I bought from Aris is

really working out great for my "Come Back" board. Anxous to try the wider TNT Mike really likes in the softer groomers.

I typically don't like wide boards except in the deep pow. Bryan

Yellow ice as in Man Made? Bummer, I hate that stuff, not that we have any, but when I have ridden it, I could not believe how hard it was, seems like it was even harder than nature ice if that is possible?

Hope you see better conditions soon!!

60 during the day, then you get sorta dry granular on top that is no big deal. It gets scraped off and it's just bad news. Definitely the case for a helmet! Staying on the steep stuff is good, but I get boot-out very easily. Feel my leash grabbing in the snow and know to back off the edge angle.

I've gotta make my way up the coast and see these babies in action! Read: Ride them. :lol:

60 during the day, then you get sorta dry granular on top that is no big deal. It gets scraped off and it's just bad news. Definitely the case for a helmet! Staying on the steep stuff is good, but I get boot-out very easily. Feel my leash grabbing in the snow and know to back off the edge angle.

I've gotta make my way up the coast and see these babies in action! Read: Ride them. :lol:

By checking your CP, it appears you like simliar shapes. 15M SCR and 185cm Lengths? We share boot size too!!

It makes it much easier if I don't have to change bindings.

There is still time to join the OES!! :biggthump

The "Demo" is another matter :):eek:

Two things. Pick up a pair of TD2 or TD3 , so you could swap plates with only 6 screws and oh, get a drivers license ;)

Damn, to be 15 and carving!! I wish!! Well done young man!!

Bryan

Bryan,

I like the pictures. The wide one looks good. See you soon. First couple of days at Bachelor are going to be good.

Shane

Glad you like it. Mike says it rides "Narrower" due to the TNT. We will find out shortly!! It would be great to have a board that would preform well on those Tweener days and was still primarily a carving board.

The Diablo BX188cm is another good example I think. Look forward to trying the softer version. (did I just say "softer") :smashfrea

Ahh I wouldn't want to ride a Tinkler. I was just kidding; I've had so many falls where I'll wash out, get the nose or tail of my board stuck in the snow and get levered around..and then fall some more..and then hit a mogul. It's a miracle I haven't broken my board. Haven't done that in a while though, so I must be doing something right!

Carving at 15? Well...not quite sure it's carving, but I do manage to get down the hill one way or another!

Theo

Keep it up Theo. I have a feeling you carve just fine!!

Go easy on the body, push hard when conditions are good, use caution on the rest. You have allot of time to ride if you are smart!! Couple gajillion ft of vertical at least!! :biggthump

You will be carving long after I have been planted. Enjoy!!!:ices_ange

Looks like California has a great trend in young carvers taking up the sport!!

How did you get going? Family? Good job no matter how you got started. Looks like you have great equipment too!!

My dad.

He's been carving for about 4 years, and this is my 5 year snowboarding, 2nd month carving. He has....many spare boards and bindings...

• 3 weeks later...
Mike just finished his personal board. Combining the "Floater" plate, TNT, and new issue Snow-Stix. The newest mounting patterns and a "Camber Jack" complement these full system board. Photos of it in action soon. 184cm

Dang, if I wasn't saving for a house, I'd already have my order in for one just like that!! I bought my first (and so far only) pair of Snow-Stix at the Action Sports Retailer show in San Diego back in the early nineties. I had to convince the person at the booth (Mr Tinkler maybe?) to part with the only carbon fiber set he had left. :D They sure worked wonders for the Amero I was riding at the time. :biggthump

post-8139-141842279209_thumb.jpg

post-8139-14184227921_thumb.jpg

post-8139-141842279212_thumb.jpg

attachment.php?attachmentid=16307&stc=1&d=1236026638

Was it you, or Mike, that didn't REALLY know what you wanted?:freak3:

Missed this post, sorry about the slow answer.

Just looking to advance the ride. Improve the options.

This is my personal quiver, some I have commissioned, some I have bought from WC racers indirectly, some are ones I got lucky and bought from others moving on to their next "Perfect Board".

The collection is always in change.

Dang, if I wasn't saving for a house, I'd already have my order in for one just like that!! I bought my first (and so far only) pair of Snow-Stix at the Action Sports Retailer show in San Diego back in the early nineties. I had to convince the person at the booth (Mr Tinkler maybe?) to part with the only carbon fiber set he had left. :D They sure worked wonders for the Amero I was riding at the time. :biggthump

DUDE!! I love these stories!!

and thanks for the photos too!!

Lately I have been running into more riders that were effected by some of Mike's earlier works. Some of his windsurfing buddies, photogs, water-skiers, etc.

PS. I think we need to have DNA tests done :eek:

You might be my little brother? :freak3::)

post-198-141842279628_thumb.jpg

post-198-141842279629_thumb.jpg