Note to New Members ×

best utah mountains to hit?

Kex

I'm flying into SLC next weekend and will be there for the week. Its my first time out there, so I'm wondering what recommendations you have for resorts to visit, in terms of best prices, best conditions, best layout for carvers, etc.

Let me know what your favorite mountains are to carve it up on please! Thanks!

I'm flying into SLC next weekend and will be there for the week. Its my first time out there, so I'm wondering what recommendations you have for resorts to visit, in terms of best prices, best conditions, best layout for carvers, etc.

Let me know what your favorite mountains are to carve it up on please! Thanks!

My favorites for carving are Park City, Snowbasin, and The Canyons. Pretty much any of the 'major' resorts near Salt Lake and Ogden have hardbooters that ride there including Solitude, Powder Mountain, and Snowbird.

You pretty much can't go wrong with any of those. Let us know what your plans are and someone might be able to get together to ride with you or at least make run suggestions for the mountian(s) you end up visiting.

solitude....best price and best terrain. Next would be snowbasin...contact jetskier here on bomber, he might have some basin discount tickets and lives up that way....park city is pretty good too....if it hasn't been too warm. Supposed to be a storm rollin in on thurs/friday....5-10" new!

I was in SLC in December, and learned later in the week that if you arrive in the morning in SLC, and head up to the local hills, they will give you a free lift ticket for the same day of your arrival. All you have to do is show them your airline boarding pass from earlier that day. I could have saved myself about 40+ dollars. Also, if you like mexican food, you HAVE to go to the RED IGUANA. Amazing authentic Mexican food, and CHEAP! It's right near the downtown area. Getting back on topic, I really enjoyed Solitude. Had my best day there on my trip. :biggthump

I was in SLC in December, and learned later in the week that if you arrive in the morning in SLC, and head up to the local hills, they will give you a free lift ticket for the same day of your arrival. All you have to do is show them your airline boarding pass from earlier that day. I could have saved myself about 40+ dollars. Also, if you like mexican food, you HAVE to go to the RED IGUANA. Amazing authentic Mexican food, and CHEAP! It's right near the downtown area. Getting back on topic, I really enjoyed Solitude. Had my best day there on my trip. :biggthump

Need to register on line with the PC chamber of commerce before you arrive.

BobD

Hey BobD,

What can I say? The food was so good we ate there twice in 4 days. First time in SLC for me. I'll be back just for the mexican food. There are not that many authentic mexican joints here in Southwestern Ontario...

Yep, you found it...love the Red Iguana for Mexican food!

Liv4corduroy is right...Solitude & then Snowbasin. There will probably be a couple of us up there this Sunday.